iTunes 11

Also known as Rebuffering stream...Rebuffering stream...Rebuffering stream...Rebuffering stream...Rebuffering stream...Rebuffering stream...Rebuffering stream...Rebuffering stream...Rebuffering stream...Rebuffering stream...Rebuffering stream...Rebuffering stream...Rebuffering stream...Rebuffering stream...Rebuffering stream...Rebuffering stream...Rebuffering stream...Rebuffering stream... edition.

I really do not like it at all, especially it's store where every preview I've clicked on greets me with Rebuffering stream...Rebuffering stream...Rebuffering stream...Rebuffering stream...Rebuffering stream...Rebuffering stream...Rebuffering stream...Rebuffering stream...Rebuffering stream...Rebuffering stream...Rebuffering stream...Rebuffering stream... every 3 seconds. I also dislike that it seems to think I care about redownloading old music I deleted because I didn't like them anymore. The cloud, eh? I havn't tried enough features to see if it gets any worse, but I feel like I have buyer's remorse even though it's a free download.

Is there a way to downgrade back to v.10?
Comments12
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Here's another problem that came up today. Anything I purchased today only shows up in the purchased tab and not the library. I'm hoping syncing my ipod and transferring back will fix it
Kinda like 11 myself. Bit awkward at first but its cool.

I don't see why not, just search for the v10 installer...
Yeah I updated to 11 since I generally upgrade any software I have. But iTunes 11 is fucking horrible. All I use iTunes for is syncing to my iPod to update my podcasts and put audiobooks onto it. But now they've gone and removed the bar on the left with all of your types of files and put it into a dropdown on the top left. Which is more annoying to manage. And then I plug my iPod into it, and I couldn't even see it was there until I looked around a while and saw a button on the right.

Then before, with iTunes 10, I could drag music from my computer onto the iPod settings on the left hand sidebar and it would copy over, not needing to add it to my music library and sync it that way. All in all, iTunes 11 is just a fricken headache now. Harder to move around (although to be fair, I bet one could get used to it), and you have to sync everything from within the library in iTunes. God, for what I use iTunes for, this offers me nothing and makes what I do an even more pain in the ass. I'm on Windows, by the way. I've heard it's less of a pain in the ass for Mac computers.

But I was able to downgrade to the latest 10.x version from oldapps.com ([link] for the 64 bit version - had to get the x64 bit version, even though it selected to install it into my x86 programs folder… can't figure that one out. Apple engineers are just morons with Windows it seems) and install that, after uninstalling iTunes 11. Although I had to open up the location of the iTunes Library.itl file (in C:\Users\[username]\Music\iTunes for me) and replace it with a backup iTunes made (in C:\Users\[username]\Music\iTunes\Previous iTunes Libraries). Just copy/paste the latest backup into the previous folder, rename it to iTunes Library.itl, and iTunes 10 was able to read it.
I have had no problems with it. I like it. What OS are you on? Because if you're on OSX that might be a bit of a chalange.
Snow Leopard.
i think you might have to revert to a back up previous to installing itunes 11, it's how my friend reverted back.
That's the problem, you're on an operating system that Apple only supports because that's the only way to buy Lion and Mountain Lion :dummy: /sarcasm

There should be places to download an older version, but I wonder if by upgrading it may have done something to the playlists? You're already this far in so it wouldn't hurt, anyways
No the playlists are fine.
I mean, you'll probably want to export your .itl files before downgrading, just in case iTunes 11 did something to the library that would break in iTunes 10.7