Details

Closed to new replies
December 4, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 9

Can't install ANY .NET Framworks?

:iconmocha-bunny:
I have Windows XP SP3. I have a program that needs .NET Framework 2 or higher, but whenever I try to install any type of .NET Framework it never works. When I do the windows updates for them "Microsoft .NET Framework version 1.1" says it fails and then i get a "setup.exe encountered a problem and needs to close" error when it tries to install "Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1 and .NET Framework 3.5 Family Update (KB951847) x86".

When I go online and try to install them from there i get an error saying "A Problem encountered while loading the setup components."

I have all my security programs closed while I try to install them. I've been trying for 2 days now. It is driving me crazy. Help would be amazing<3

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconthewalkingghost:
TheWalkingGhost Dec 4, 2012  Hobbyist Filmographer
Have you tried installing while in Safe Mode?
yeah windows update doesn't even work in safe mode :T even though I installed the activeX it needs.
:icondavidscript:
DavidScript Dec 4, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
like I didn't google it already.
Well, all you did was disable your firewall :B
i disabled the security programs. Like what google says. Tried repairs and I downloaded them from multiple places with no prevail. :I You think i'd be trying for 2 days without using google? o-e
Oh, but there's more ;)
:iconpyrohmstr:
pyrohmstr Dec 4, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Are you an admin?
Add a Comment: