Closed to new replies
December 4, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 39

Windows 8, the most debated OS ever!

:iconamruth-pillai:
Amruth-Pillai Featured By Owner Dec 4, 2012  Hobbyist Photographer
So, I've been running Windows 8 Enterprise for about a month now and I must say, I've gotten pretty close to it and have grown to like it as much as I loved Windows 7. I mean, it's JUST like Windows 7, plus the metro look and new start screen.

Any ways, my opinion isn't the only one I've heard of now. Many, and I mean many, have been debating about this OS a lot and I for one feel all the users should at least give it a try, just to embrace the change and see if you can make friends with it.

Let me know what you thought about the new Windows 8 OS and if possible, a few screenshots of your customized home screen as well (since this is still basically an art-related forum)! :)

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:icondoctorv23:
DoctorV23 Featured By Owner Dec 10, 2012
Hmm...[link]
:icondelusionalhamster:
delusionalHamster Featured By Owner Dec 6, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Windows 8 is not selling well:

[link]

I don't think it's as much "the most debated" as "the most disliked" OS ever.
:iconshadowmaker-241:
ShadowMaker-241 Featured By Owner Dec 6, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
Windows ME says hi :B
:iconscnal:
Scnal Featured By Owner Dec 7, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
And vista too.
:iconshadowmaker-241:
ShadowMaker-241 Featured By Owner Dec 7, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
:nod:
:iconxternal7:
xTernal7 Featured By Owner Dec 6, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
1) It runs better than Windows 7 under da hood, plus ISO image auto-mount
2) Interface is shit (Release preview: No options for personalizing interface (sans 3rd party software) AT ALL) and inconsistent as fuck. Me no gusta.
3) Programs don't auto-run as admin when you're using admin account. What the fuck?
4) Bootloader is full of shit. First it loads whole OS, then it offers you OS choice. (That's why you're installing your systems in this order: Win8, Win7, Linux from live CD)

And that's why Kubuntu (or any Linux distro with KDE) is far better choice. (Note: I'm not talking about distros with Unity or Gnome 3, because they suck and are even worse than Win8 (interface-wise).
:iconpyrohmstr:
pyrohmstr Featured By Owner Dec 6, 2012  Professional Artist
Unity ruined Ubuntu. KDE is like a Godsend
:icondoctorv23:
DoctorV23 Featured By Owner Dec 6, 2012
:thumbsup:Thumbsup for KDE - best ever - running it now on Ubuntu :)
:iconcloudsdalecompanion:
CloudsdaleCompanion Featured By Owner Dec 5, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
I upgraded or rather just bought a Windows 8 Pro license recently, but I have tried the CP and RP before. I felt at home almost instantly and I love almost everything about Win 8.

I mean, what you said: It's basically just like Win 7, just faster, lighter and looks nicer IMHO. I'm really loving the new task manager for example.
:iconamruth-pillai:
Amruth-Pillai Featured By Owner Dec 5, 2012  Hobbyist Photographer
Finally, someone who likes the new OS as much as I do :P
Add a Comment: