Closed to new replies
December 4, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 4

Recommendations for auto stitching software

:iconcowboycrocket:
CowboyCrocket Featured By Owner Dec 4, 2012  Hobbyist
I was wondering if there is any good software to use for auto stitching panoramas. I used to have Microsft Composite Editor, but it was giving me computer problems(twice). So any help is appreciated.

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconhmontes:
HMontes Featured By Owner Dec 4, 2012  Professional General Artist
I looked at several myself using Google. I found several plug-ins for Gimp that works to stitch two images together.

[link]

[link]

There is also Hugin which is another free program.

[link]
:iconcowboycrocket:
CowboyCrocket Featured By Owner Dec 4, 2012  Hobbyist
Yeah I was thinking about those plug ins, but I wasn't sure yet. I' am very cautious with my computer now since I had hard drive problems a while ago(Though I think I know the cause of it). Thanks for that.
:iconhmontes:
HMontes Featured By Owner Dec 4, 2012  Professional General Artist
I have one of those external drives I keep all my data and downloads backed-up just in case. I have had many system and drive failures in the past and you just have to have insurance just in case.
:iconamruth-pillai:
Amruth-Pillai Featured By Owner Dec 4, 2012  Hobbyist Photographer
I use Canon's PhotoStitch application, but I hear it can be installed only if you have the Canon Installation Disc with you. But of course, Google around and you might find a workaround! ;) It works perfectly and corrects any kind of distortion error there might be!

If Canon's not your cup of tea, there's always Adobe Photoshop: [link] :)
Add a Comment: