Closed to new replies
December 2, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 7

Flash 8 question about graphics with single frame animation

:icondidj:
Didj Featured By Owner Dec 2, 2012
So, this is one of those things in Flash 8 that I just can't seem to get to work right and I'm hoping that someone here has a solution. Forgive my lack of technically correct words, I'm fairly new at Flash.

I'm animating in a way wherein graphic symbols will have several frames within them that I call upon in the main animation to change their appearance without constantly changing symbols (example: a mouth graphic that has a different animation frame for each mouth position). Now, the way that I thought would work is that I just go under the Looping option of the graphic's properties and to set it to single frame and the first frame set to whatever position I need. Then change the first frame at each keyframe to whatever I need. However, often it just won't let me change the first frame or even the loop option. What is the reason for this and how can I fix it?

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:icondavidscript:
DavidScript Featured By Owner Dec 2, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Does your UI look like this?: [link]
Yes.
See the textbox that says "First"? Change it to the frame number you want the symbol to go to.
Yeah, that's my problem, sometimes it just won't let me change it.
Does it get grayed out or something?
Nope. I can still interact with it, it just won't let me change anything. I think that it has something to do with tweens. Because it doesn't give me any trouble until I try to put tweens between the keyframes.
If you're talking about tweens in your main timeline, then you can just right click the frames within the tween and convert them to keyframes. Of course, you're gonna have to manually adjust the frame of the graphic for each keyframe.
Add a Comment: