November 28, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 8

Codename Stormolow

:iconzanoshky:
Zanoshky Nov 27, 2012  Student Artist
Hey All,
I'm making a Game, and i need some testers / community.

Follow the project @
stormolow.blogspot.com
facebook.com/pages/Codename-Stormolow/202709479864748

Yours comments, suggestions, ratings - All will be included and Your name in CREDITS list.
Also Please tell other people to join. :)
Please , i badly need some comments, to make the game more likeable for others not just for me. Many concept arts, screenshoots, stories will be published as the game progress go on.

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconbcullis:
So is this remaining a command-line (text-only) game? You mention game art and concept art, which only really make sense if it's going to have a graphical component.
Zanoshky Nov 28, 2012  Student Artist
I kindly ask, did you even look at the project site?

I posted screenshot of current progress. Art is made out of...ASCII.

Never the less, this is only alpha stage, when i learn C#, pictures made from You...Devianarties mostly, will be implanted in game. So, yea. I started early, bcs it passed over a month and i got only 1 outsider (unknown person) to follow my project.

So please, this game is for my Diploma Thesis, i greatly require some community. Only thing You have to do is answer simple questions with Your imagination.

Like as: Current question is: What would you name the world where game takes place?

Simple as that.
Yes, I did look at your site. I saw the ascii art. I read about how it was console-based. Hence, my curiosity on things like "concept art" when text-based games really don't even bother with art.

I think it's great you're coding a text-based game from the ground up, I have my own project I'm working on in C# here, so don't think I'm giving you trouble or anything. I was genuinely curious if it was staying text, or moving to a GUI.

You can name it whatever you like, there's really nothing to the game yet aside from some stats. Nothing to give the game any sense of theme or story, so it's hard to say "ah, the name _____ matches that". Any of these (or anything else) would work:

Earth
Corsis
Haefar
Emporia
Wildlands
Kulim

Is there a particular theme or style you're looking for (i.e. fantasy/european, asiatic influences, etc)? Or are you expecting community to provide that as well?
Well to be honest with You,

i manly did this "little program" to test my programming skills. I only wanted a battle simulator.

Then i told few of my friends, then they wanted to part of it, they started to volunteer to draw sketchs and stuff, so i said why not.

Today i told my professor about it and guess what, it became my diploma thesis.

So i dont realy care, i can make what ever people what...i would like to create SOMETHING that PEOPLE ( not just me) would enjoy in it. just like kids did in late 80 and early 90 , and on commandore, that was good times lol :)

So idk, alot people said to go on outerworld, fantasy , medieval thematic. Sooo.... i guess that would be it :)

Please, it dosnt take alot of Your time to answer simple questions,, once, twice a week, but it means alot for me and my work, ofcourse, your name WILL END UP In my Diploma Thesis, becouse you helped me to make it :) also in game credits at the end :)

its a win win situation.
Well, if there's one thing I can suggest for a text-based game, it's to give it a sense of puzzle-solving and exploration. My favorite kind of text games were the ones that gave you keywords among the text, and then a limited set of verbs you could use, like

"You see a ROPE on the floor of the cave"
And you have a hammer in your inventory, so you type
"Combine Rope Hammer"
which ends up creating a tool you could use to crawl up out of the cave.

That'll require you writing functions to parse the input according to patterns, though, so if that's not the direction things were going, don't worry about it.

Good luck!
Thanks BCullis,

Yes i intended to make puzzles / secrets in game ( to get money ) but not in the same way as you noted here. Maybe my next game could be full adventure like you suggested :)

Good luck with Your awesome PROJECT also, nice modeling and all :) i like it :)
:iconpyrohmstr:
pyrohmstr Nov 28, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
:shrug: looks kinda not fun
Then help me, tell me how to make it more fun. :)
Add a Comment: