Link

Statistics

Replies: 0

Adobe After Effects Motion Path: Maintain Position

:icontrozdol:
Trozdol Featured By Owner Nov 27, 2012  Professional Digital Artist
Hello,

Here's what I am trying to accomplish:

I have a screencast of an application. There are various pans/zooms etc built into the video I was given. While the actions below take place the video continues to move diagonally downward.

1) Graphic appears on top of a button in video

2) Button Graphic is scaled up

3) Button Graphic maintains position and size on screen for a couple seconds (This is where the problem is)

4) Button Graphic scales down and meets up with the video version or the button and quickly fades out so it appears as if the button graphics was actually the one in the video.

So everything I can easily accomplish except step 3. When the motion path has a step where there is no movement it creates a knot of a path that slightly wiggles around. I've tried deleting anchor points but that also removes the key frame.

What I am currently doing is creating the position and scale I like and copying those keyframes and pasting them farther down the timeline. (Don't know if that detail will help)

I just want it to stay still for a short time then continue. Doesn't seem like it should be super complicated.

Details:
ME: New to AE
Computer: Macbook Pro Lion
App: After Effects CS6

Thanks for any direction! :D

Shayne

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

No comments have been added yet.

Add a Comment: