Shop Mobile More Submit  Join Login

Details

Closed to new replies
November 22, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 11

When Windows Live Messenger Shuts Down In 2013 What Messenger Will You Use?

:iconwhitesealpaws:
WhiteSealPaws Featured By Owner Nov 22, 2012
Apparently this fake story is not fake anymore - after having seen this article on the BBC's website [link] Skype is to take over...

Windows Live could be shutting down in 2013, and Skype could be taking over. I can't stand Skype, I've been playing about with it all night and despite the fact that I've tried everything, and that me and my friends have Skype, it won't l et us send messages to each other, add each other or see that the other is online.

Why??
Why swap to Skype when Windows Live works perfectly well. People can use it instantly - it has taken me over an hour just to sign in and try and add someone, and I know a fair bit about computers so I'm not even the dumb as a doormat type.

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconhypergirl95:
HyperGirl95 Featured By Owner Dec 15, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Skype or Yahoo Messenger.
:iconthewalkingghost:
TheWalkingGhost Featured By Owner Dec 14, 2012  Hobbyist Filmographer
Skype/IRC
:iconmidwinter-sun:
Midwinter-sun Featured By Owner Nov 26, 2012
Skype 3.8. I've successfully resented and avoided every newer version of it after the 4.0 update.
:iconjoshuavillaniarts:
JoshuaVillaniArts Featured By Owner Nov 26, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
I recommend Skype for not only to make free calls to other skype members, but to do chat as well! :)
:iconpyrohmstr:
pyrohmstr Featured By Owner Nov 24, 2012  Professional Artist
I'll just send letters via USPS
:icontherealpadster:
theRealPadster Featured By Owner Nov 23, 2012  Hobbyist Interface Designer
Google Talk and Jabber. What I've been using for quite a while now. Never used Windows Live Messenger. I ditched Skype when Microsoft bought it as well.
:icondelusionalhamster:
delusionalHamster Featured By Owner Nov 23, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
IRC
:iconpr-imagery:
PR-Imagery Featured By Owner Nov 22, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Live has been dead for a while now... MS bought Skype earlier this year or last year it was; it was to be expected that Live will see its end

Your problems are quite odd indeed, I've never had any issue with Skype.
:icon1and1isme:
1and1isme Featured By Owner Nov 22, 2012  Student Digital Artist
Skype, since that's where everyone already is anyway. I stopped using windows live messenger a while ago, lol.

Your Skype problem though seems very odd, I have never encountered such difficulties.
:iconwhitesealpaws:
WhiteSealPaws Featured By Owner Dec 14, 2012
I knew it had been dead for a while, but I had no idea that so many people were on Skype now. I'm used to the old days where everyone listed their messenger details everywhere. I suppose it depends where you hang out.

I see now, it took me a while to get to grips with Skype, but for some reason it wouldn't show the message as being delivered until the user came online - that's what was confusing me. It had the loading icon as though it was trying to send it, should be capable of sending it, but couldn't.

And for some reason I could only see online hotmail users if I signed into my hotmail through Skype, otherwise I would have to completely re-add everyone and it was just like e_e really?
Add a Comment: