Closed to new replies
November 19, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 18

Google Chrome Acting a Little Odd

:iconfairygal11:
FairyGal11 Featured By Owner Nov 19, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
Okay so last night at around 11:30pm I was using GOogle Chrome and I was right clicking on a youtube link, but then it takes long for right click to open and when I right click again-same thing happens and google chrome was acting weird like it stopped or froze for some odd reason and it even happened this morning too-but then it went back to normal.

It isnít a virus or malware because I scanned it, I donít have any extensions on chrome and my computer is normal. It must be a browser issue due to the update it had awhile ago-but I do know it isn't my computer because Internet explorer was acting normally so that's good.

So any clues guys or also facing similar issue?

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

FairyGal11 Featured By Owner Nov 27, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
It isn't a virus or malware-its the browser. I also tested it on a school computer-Also takes abit for the right click to open up after it copy and pastes a large document and emails it or stays in the copy function until pasted. It must be the size of the document that can make the right click take 5-10 seconds to open up. And then after a few minutes or so reverts back to normal fast right click open function
:iconiphonerepairs:
iphonerepairs Featured By Owner Nov 27, 2012
i think there is some virus problem, scan your computer and then fix it.
FairyGal11 Featured By Owner Nov 27, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
It isn't a virus. I scanned it on both-no malware or virus. Its the browser.
FairyGal11 Featured By Owner Nov 26, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
Also when testing it on another computer-does the same thing. So it would effect all google chromes if one copy and pastes a large KB file into a blank email or notepad and it would take abit for right click to appear in google chrome. I already sent a complaint to Google chrome on their browser's little issue so in the next update they'll have that taken care of.
FairyGal11 Featured By Owner Nov 24, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
I just figured it out. It would appear that when I send a large file that is 300kb or so in an email that I snet it takes abit for right click to open up so I can copy and paste the address in the address bar. THen a couple of minutes later it reverts back to normal. I just figured it out. It isn't a virus or anything-but still google should look into it if people are sending big files even pictures to anybody in large kb size.
FairyGal11 Featured By Owner Nov 24, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
I figured it out. When I send a huge file or whatnot in an email thats 300kb or more that's when it takes abit for the copy/paste and whatnot to appear when I right click. It isn't a virus or anything-its a google chrome/mail thing depending on the size of the file I am sending through the email. With small ones that's one line or abit more its normal.

Still it is odd though how it takes abit for right click to open and then a couple minutes later returns to normal.
:iconunhealthy-addictions:
next time it does that if you didnt check already go in the task manager (ctrl+alt+del) and in the process tab check how many memory is being used by chrome and if anything seems to be unusual. Reinstalling helps often
:icondj078:
dj078 Featured By Owner Nov 22, 2012
I think your system has virus, sometimes it happens that the antivirus program is unable to detect virus during system scan but the virus exists in the Computer. Still if you are sure that PC don’t have any virus than you can delete temporary files, clear cache & history. May be it will work and your browser will start working well. Install any of good antivirus software like Immunet, AVG, Avast, Norton..etc and do scan your system.
:icontheonewithatablet:
TheOneWithATablet Featured By Owner Nov 20, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
It's Chrome.
I stopped using it because of this. I use Firefox now. o3o
FairyGal11 Featured By Owner Nov 20, 2012  Hobbyist Writer
Well no matter I will stick with Chrome despite this "tiny, bitty issue".
Add a Comment: