Closed to new replies
November 18, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 9

Flash buttons and actions?

:iconmjb1225:
mjb1225 Featured By Owner Nov 18, 2012  Student Digital Artist
For starters, I'm fairly new to flash. I'm working on a project in flash right now and I'm using actionscript 2.0 and cs5. The game is a pretty simple choose your own path. Click an arrow and it takes you there. Well the first arrows work and they play the animation but when it makes it to the next set of arrows, they don't press. I'm wondering what i'm doing wrong if anything at all.
I use the on release button and gotoandplay to push the button and play the walk animation. I then use gotoandstop to have the animation switch to a certain frame and stop there. After that, the next buttons that follow do not work. Am I doing something wrong?

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconxternal7:
xTernal7 Featured By Owner Nov 21, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
... Is flash STILL alive?
mjb1225 Featured By Owner Nov 21, 2012  Student Digital Artist
What do you mean?
xTernal7 Featured By Owner Nov 22, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
It's 2012. Time for HTML5.
mjb1225 Featured By Owner Nov 22, 2012  Student Digital Artist
Why does it matter if flash gets it done? Besides, flash is still widely used and many kids shows are made using it. Examples are blue's clues, ren and stimpy, johnny test, and foster's home for imaginary friends. There's nothing wrong with flash. My time will come to use html but it's not now.
xTernal7 Featured By Owner Nov 22, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Besides, flash is still widely used and many kids shows are made using it
Not on the internet, which is migrating away from flash almost at the speed of light.
mjb1225 Featured By Owner Nov 22, 2012  Student Digital Artist
But what makes you think that my future career is internet based? Maybe I want to go into film. There are movies today that still use flash. Why can't you just accept that not everyone is after the newest methods?
:icondavidscript:
DavidScript Featured By Owner Nov 18, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Upload the .fla. I'm having a hard time understanding this.
mjb1225 Featured By Owner Nov 20, 2012  Student Digital Artist
Sorry for the late response. I ended up fixing it. Turned out that my buttons were too big and overlapping. Thanks for the response though.
:icondavidscript:
DavidScript Featured By Owner Nov 20, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Ahaha :XD:
Add a Comment: