Closed to new replies
November 14, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 4

Windows 7 Laptop Booting Up Issues

:iconhawkeaglewolf:
HawkEagleWolf Featured By Owner Nov 14, 2012  Professional Photographer
Seeing as this appears to be a Windows Software problem and not a hardware problem (I hope), I think this is the right forum.

Yesterday morning I missed the power button to my HP Pavilion Laptop, hit the Quickweb button instead. It showed up, and I shut it down. I wait a few minutes and I turn on the correct power button. It comes up with the Windows Error Recovery screen. I attempt to choose Start Windows Normally option but I can't, keypad is frozen. I shut it down, and I can get Advance Options Boot Menu. Yes, I've hit Esc, Delete and F8 but only get menus. But the keypad doesn't respond. I went into quickweb, keypad doesn't respond either but the touchpad responds there. Naturally, I've kept the box, and it didn't come in with any disks. What can I do to solve this?

-HawkEagleWolf

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconsaxeh:
saxeh Featured By Owner Nov 15, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Try a liveCD ( Either linux or windows ) and check the keyboard , if worked then its a software problem .
HawkEagleWolf Featured By Owner Nov 16, 2012  Professional Photographer
I'll have to get one, thanks! :)
:iconpyrohmstr:
pyrohmstr Featured By Owner Nov 14, 2012  Professional Artist
If you just let it sit on the "start windows normally / safemode" screen does it auto-choose for you? It should. What happens then?

Are you sure that you don't have some function-lock or num-lock or any other keyboard modifiers that might be overriding the arrow keys/keyboard?

Plug in a usb keyboard and use that to select stuff?

If you get into the bios settings, does your keyboard work there? For that matter, is it the entire keyboard not working or just the arrows?
HawkEagleWolf Featured By Owner Nov 16, 2012  Professional Photographer
As far as I know nothing happens.

I've checked and nothing happens. Caps locks light lights up, as does the sound and wifi button.

I haven't got one, will try though.

No, it doesn't. It appears to be the entire keyboard. If I hit F8, Delete, and escape seem to work if I hit them right after I turn it on. It's still giving me just one screen.
Add a Comment: