Closed to new replies
November 12, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 7

Pressure Sensitivity On Paint Shop Pro X4

:icontimmy22222001:
Timmy22222001 Featured By Owner Nov 12, 2012
Recently went online and purchased the Paint Shop Pro X4 version for my Windows 7 Pro laptop to replace my old Paint Shop Pro 9 program. While everything from the installation to even reading my tablet (Wacom, Bamboo Fun) has worked out, there seems to be this problem the way Paint Shop Pro X4 reads the tablet pen when I write/draw.

Best example of this is when I draw any line with my airbrush tool with X4. It comes out so terribly weak, its like it been drawn with a toothpick. However if I were to use my mouse to draw the line (in the same size/options), it comes out perfect as it would normally in Paint Shop Pro 9.

Have checked and compared with the old version in regarding to options, even installing the newest tablet drivers and maxing out the opacity/thickness levels in the new Paint Shop Pro X4, nothing works.

So I'm curious whether or not anybody has experienced this before with any of their digital rendering programs and what I can do. Also tried to contact the company but its been a few weeks and still haven't received any responses, plz someone help. o0o

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconliquid-grievous:
Liquid-Grievous Featured By Owner Nov 19, 2012  Professional Digital Artist
try adjusting settings on tablet itself...you should have some kind of settings program somewhere in your machine if u got tablet with a disk etc etc..or u downloaded teh drivers. Then see if theres setting for tablets within yoru art program, usually they are there, although kinda hidden away in a sub menu somewhere=/
Timmy22222001 Featured By Owner Nov 24, 2012
Wouldn't be the first time had a stupid option that fixed everything was hidden in the furthest corner of a program lad but think your on the right track for trying to find something to adjust the tablet with.

Mainly think its Windows 7 having the problem with handling my Tablet which is stupid cause the last driver they threw out is only a year old! Strangely enough keep getting tablet errors when I log onto the lappy at times but all in all it could mean that perhaps just need a new tablet. 0-0

Later,
Liquid-Grievous Featured By Owner Nov 24, 2012  Professional Digital Artist
look hard, u can always download drivers for your comp to be happy=)
Timmy22222001 Featured By Owner Nov 24, 2012
Hopefully there might be something that will be a bit more compliant with lappy and heck can still run old games once ran on Windows XP no problem on Windows 7 and somehow it barely functions with a tablet driver? *shakes head*

Later,
Liquid-Grievous Featured By Owner Nov 24, 2012  Professional Digital Artist
hmmm.well look around on google..there is almost always no need to buy a new tablet or a new program..usually u just need teh right driver and then tweekthe settings in teh program as well as in native tablet software, options, presure sensativity, tracking etc etc=)
:iconleviadragon99:
leviadragon99 Featured By Owner Nov 12, 2012
Huh, that's weird... I don't really know much about the program so I'm afraid I'm no help there.
Timmy22222001 Featured By Owner Nov 16, 2012
Well it was worth a shot. Anycase think there's alot more deviants using Paint Tool Sai or Photoshop these days so might just make the changeover than keep trying to use this old program, lol. Thanks nevertheless lad, much appreciated. *shakes hand*

Later,
Add a Comment: