Placebo Ashtray is a very nice Windows 7 theme, but!

Placebo Ashtray theme is a theme that I downloaded from this website, after trying it, I found it so nice and simple, but unfortunately, some fonts colors are so light, which makes it hard to read, as you guys can see in these screen shots:
[link]
[link]
[link]

I tried every thing through windows settings to fix that, but didn't work, the theme takes over the colors of all texts.
If this just gets fixed, the theme will become perfect.
Here is the theme:
[link]

I hope there is someone who can help fixing the color of that font.
Comments13
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
I used the light gray version of Placebo a while back, didn't like that so many parts of it were hard coded into the theme and couldn't be changed even manually through ResourceHacker, like the start button and the fonts/colours.
"Your eyes are trying to focus on little dots of light when you read white-on-black, which isn't healthy for your eyes."
I know this already, and I think it will hurt my eyes if these little dots are emitting much light on a black background, and will be so comfortable and not hurting if they emit soft fair light, on a gray background, that's why I did not pick up a black theme, and thanks for you advice.
I try to take rest breaks when using PC, but I do web programming, so I need to accomplish a big part of my work most often before I cut my work for a break.
The point is, coding needs a dark background and theme, many programmers prefer this, and I am one of them.
"Your eyes are trying to focus on little dots of light when you read white-on-black, which isn't healthy for your eyes."
I know this already, and I think it will hurt my eyes if these little dots are emitting much light on a black background, and will be so comfortable and not hurting if they emit soft fair light, on a gray background, that's why I did not pick up a black theme, and thanks for you advice.
I try to take rest breaks when using PC, but I do web programming, so I need to accomplish a big part of my work most often before I cut my work for a break.
The point is, coding needs a dark background and theme, many programmers prefer this, and I am one of them.
The "blurry" font you pointed out is a shadow. Other than that, I'm not sure how to help. Is this a mod of SolMiler's Placebo? It might be easier and definitely worth it to just get the real deal here: [link]
I used Placebo for a few months with no problems, but I never had any font issues like that.
I know it's a shadow style effect, and that effect can be removed to make the text clear like it is in default windows 7 themes, but I don't know how to remove that effect from within the theme itself.
And you are right it's from SolMiler's Placebo, I did not modify that theme at all, it's located inside the main collection on this path:
"Placebo by SolMiler\1. Placebo\Placebo Ashtray"
There are many styles inside that theme folder like:
Placebo Angst
Placebo Ashtray
Placebo Black Market
Placebo Cold Light
etc..

You probably did not use the one named "Placebo Ashtray", otherwise you will get that same font issue.
You're right, I used Black Market 2. Okay, let me think. No matter what I think you're stuck with the pale colour in the Google search bar. That's the website, not the theme. His screenshot of that variation don't include anything you have issues with, so I'm not sure. Have you tried completely uninstalling all of it, and reinstalling it fresh? Also making sure it's a copy straight from his DA, not a third party?
Sorry, I'm just throwing things out here right now.
Wow, that's a hideous theme.

Also, the text color can probably be changed in the registry
You may not like that simple sleek style, but many others do!
Why would you even use a black UI? Do you live in a cave with no light?
No,do I have to be in a cave to use a dark UI?!
I use my laptop for a long time, so I need a dark UI because it emits less light into my eyes than light themes, so its more comfortable, haven't you heard of that before?!
Your eyes are trying to focus on little dots of light when you read white-on-black, which isn't healthy for your eyes. It makes more sense if you use that sort of theme in the dark. Besides, you should be taking more frequent breaks if you use your computer for a long time.