Closed to new replies
November 9, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 31

How to merge MSN account with Skype?

:iconcommanderhavoc:
commanderhavoc Featured By Owner Nov 9, 2012
Well since Microsoft is killing off MSN in a few months, I thought I would merge my accounts so that my contacts would get transfered to Skype.
However, I don't get how this is supposed to work, a website said you have to login on Skype with your MSN login, but for some reason it ain't working for me.
Could someone clarify on how you merge the accounts?

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconvictortky:
victortky Featured By Owner Nov 13, 2012
I noticed that too. Anyone knows how?
:iconagentshark:
agentshark Featured By Owner Nov 9, 2012
MSN is not shutting down, it is Windows Live Messenger ;)
As for merging your account, just download the most recent version of Skype and then log in to the program by choosing "Microsoft Account" and using your normal email/password combination.
:iconzaptitan:
ZapTitan Featured By Owner Nov 9, 2012  Hobbyist
I've done a little looking into this, and the email service IS GOING TO REMAIN....its just getting another overhaul. So any email address from Microsoft (hotmail, live, etc) will all remain in full operation. From what I can tell, their simply "merging" their Live Messenger service with Skype that they bought out last year. Apparently the newest version of Skype already lets you log into it with your usual "MSN" email login and stuff....

but really guys/gals....DO YOUR RESEARCH in this stuff...but yes, a majority of this stuff is purely RUMORS!! So until you get an official email from Microsoft, in full legal documentation...take anything you hear online, including so called "announcements" with a grain of salt..aka, worthless

Besides...if they had plans to scrap it, I doubt Live Messenger would still be available to download, or even in the Windows 8 OS they just sent out...
:icondc-fat-gorillas:
DC-Fat-Gorillas Featured By Owner Nov 9, 2012
Seriously, don't believe any thing that doesn't have solid evidence.
Think about it, do you really believe that MSN will close down just like that?
:icondionn12345678910:
dionn12345678910 Featured By Owner Nov 9, 2012  Professional Interface Designer
I hateful msn way to many bugged emails and yahoo/ hotmail is a pain
:iconthe-stephy-powers:
the-stephy-powers Featured By Owner Nov 9, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
[link]
They're not shutting down MSN.
commanderhavoc Featured By Owner Nov 9, 2012
Actually I didn't get an email.
Its an offical statment from Microsoft.
:iconthe-stephy-powers:
the-stephy-powers Featured By Owner Nov 10, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
I couldn't find an official statement on Microsoft's homepage or a google search engine.
If they do that, fine. I already have 2 other email accounts elsewhere.
commanderhavoc Featured By Owner Nov 10, 2012
Okay.
:iconziba:
ziba Featured By Owner Nov 9, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
May I ask where you got this information from? :)

As for hotmail: In my years of having used hotmail it has been "announced" no less than 2 times that they were going to close it down. All which turned out to be fake rumors. So would need some solid official, from the hotmail staff themselves, to believe in this a third time XD
Add a Comment: