Closed to new replies
November 8, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 7

Adobe InDesign error

:iconkell0x:
Kell0x Featured By Owner Nov 8, 2012  Student General Artist
So my Adobe InDesign Cs6 was working fine for a long while however today when I want to copy/paste certain pictures and text that was applied to me for homework, It crashes and i keep getting this error:

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library error
The application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the application's support team for more information.

Adobe doesn't seem to provide any support and I really need this program to work to finish some school work before Monday. Does anyone know how to fix this? I tried restarting the computer a few times but doesn't work. I also read in different sources it doesn't help to unistal or restal the program at all.

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconnokari:
nokari Featured By Owner Nov 8, 2012  Professional Interface Designer
As the error says, the cause is a Microsoft program error. The solution is usually either to roll back to a previous version of Microsoft Visual C++ or update it with the latest patch. You can use Windows Updater to update it.

Another thing you could try is to duplicate or Place files instead of copy/pasting them. Particularly images. In the meantime, just fill out as much as you can on your homework, make spaces for where you would put the stuff you can't copy, and come back to it later when you find a solution. If there's a lot of text you need to copy from one document to the other, try copying to another program first (like Word) and copy from there. Otherwise type it out yourself. Yes, you may have to spend some extra time on this. ;)
Kell0x Featured By Owner Nov 8, 2012  Student General Artist
How do you duplicate/place files? how does that work?

Doesn't windows automatically update it or does that work differently?

Thank you for taken the time to write and help :)
nokari Featured By Owner Nov 8, 2012  Professional Interface Designer
Duplicate: Go to Edit > Duplicate, or hold the Alt key while clicking and dragging an image frame.
Place: Go to File > Place or press the shortcut Control+D. A navigation window will pop up for you to select the file you want to place in your document.

Doesn't windows automatically update it or does that work differently?

Depends on your personal settings. Updates can be made automatic or manual. If you set it to automatic, you have to check to make sure you got the update. It's possible your computer tried to update it at one point and it failed. If it were corrupted somehow, you would need to do a roll back and then update it again.
Kell0x Featured By Owner Nov 10, 2012  Student General Artist
Now Indesign crashes just by me trying to rezise the image or place it elsewhere :/
nokari Featured By Owner Nov 10, 2012  Professional Interface Designer
Did you do anything to try and fix the Visual C++?
Kell0x Featured By Owner Nov 10, 2012  Student General Artist
I read in another site with a person who had the same problem to download a program that cleans up any errors and garbage that slows the computer down and crashes program but that didn't help :/

I also tried updating visueal c++ but I don't see it anywhere on mu computer.
nokari Featured By Owner Nov 10, 2012  Professional Interface Designer
It won't show up anywhere in your Programs folder if that's what you were thinking. You will find a full list of the installs by going to your Control Panel > Programs and Features > Uninstall or Change a program. The last update version I had was 10.0.40219.

Go to Microsoft's website, find a download of the latest Visual C++ Redistributable for your computer, uninstall the current version(s) you have and install the one you downloaded. Or you can uninstall the current version you have and run Windows Updater to see if it will find the latest version on its own.
Add a Comment: