Closed to new replies
November 6, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 40

Why does everyone hate W Vista?

:iconmadmankiller3859:
madmankiller3859 Nov 6, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
I use it, and I find no reason to hate it. Can someone please say why its a "terrible" OS?

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconcixie:
cixie Nov 13, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
Outdated.
:icondoctorv23:
Vista was innovative, but lacked (and lacks) the proper implementation. (The problems are mostly at the kernel level, which vaguely repeats the type of flaw seen in Windows ME). I used it for over a year and was always impressed by how fragile it is compared to XP and 7, so people got pissed off when their OS messed up on them for apparently no reason.
:icontimeherokaiser:
TimeHeroKaiser Nov 9, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
HEre's something you should know about Windows:

Windows operating systems switch from good or bad.

XP was good, but Vista was like a tester for Windows 7

Vista is a pain in the butt to restore but Windows seven was much easier and simple to run as well.

Vista had bugs in the programming that never got dealt with unlike XP or 7.

Windows 8 is terrible compared to XP and 7.
:icondfx4509b:
DFX4509B Nov 9, 2012  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
I like Vista, and 7 too, but would personally prefer any kind of Linux distro, been putting some thought into Arch for the past few days.
:iconcinderblockstudios:
CinderBlockStudios Nov 7, 2012  Professional Traditional Artist
in it's first few months prior to SP1 it had way more bugs and quirks than it does now.
:iconarmonah:
I didn't have any problems with Vista, either. :shrug:

Running on Win7 now though.
:icondelusionalhamster:
delusionalHamster Nov 7, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
It's a terrible OS because it's full of bloat, DRM and crapware. It's also terrible because it's made by a patent-troll supporting, anti-competitive, free-speech hating corporation known as "microsoft".

This evil corporation, "microsoft", is trying to take over the world by bribing politicians, lobbying for draconian laws that oppress the freedom of computer users everywhere, and using patent troll companies as proxies to attack their competition unfairly, instead of competing with them on level terms.

Microsoft has never made any innovations, all it does is uses underhanded, criminal tactics to attempt to eliminate its competition, because its products are so bad it could never survive on a level playing field.

Fortunately, there are other options. Personally, I try to make ethical choices when I decide what to purchase, so I could never buy anything from microsoft, even if their products were the best in the world. Which they aren't.
madmankiller3859 Nov 7, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Im using it. Guess what! I HAVE NO CRAP OR BLOATWARE!!!!!! Microsoft isnt evil, and I dont need an apple or Sony troll.
:icontimeherokaiser:
TimeHeroKaiser Nov 9, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Actually if you are a computer nerd, you'd know that the things mentioned there are built into the operating system.
madmankiller3859 Nov 7, 2012  Hobbyist Digital Artist
PS: Ever heard of Kinect? For X360? Total innovation by MICROSOFT...... :fork:
Add a Comment: