Closed to new replies
November 5, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 4

Computer Trojan issues

:iconwolverinegurl:
wolverinegurl Nov 5, 2012
so a recording artist(not a well known one)sent me a link on twitter to download his songs for free. I did but I think i pressed the add on the bottom because it wanted me to download this program Ilivid. i did thiking it would be fine. anway I managed to get rid of it in I.E but it wouldnt go away in firefox so I had to delete firefox. it changed my computers search engine to this "[link]" and installed another search engine on my computer. the question is if I reinstall firefox(I need for certain sites like my schools college site)will I reinstall the virus?

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconcinderblockstudios:
CinderBlockStudios Nov 6, 2012  Professional Traditional Artist
First mistake: If it sounds too good to be true. It is.
Second mistake: There's no reason to have to download a third party program to get a song (or anything else of that matter).
Third mistake: it's a virus, messing with your browser won't do anything. disconnect from the net and run a virus scan pronto.
:icondoctorv23:
This should do it for the manual removal of the browser addons: [link] -but better to get Malwarebytes free directly from malwarebytes.org: [link] the quick scan is usually enough, so do that first :-)
:iconwolverinegurl:
wolverinegurl Nov 5, 2012
ok but if I reinstall it will it reinstall the virus? I think i figured out what I did wrong I realized my pop up blocker wasnt on so when I clicked download for the music a popup came on saying I needed to download a program to get the music. i assumed it was fine and the singers had another way for fans to download their music then others. but I talked 2 both of them and they know nothing about the program!
:icondoctorv23:
The program itself is not malware, but it's also totally unnecessary. Malwarebytes should catch and remove any offending files except you may need to remove the offending addons from the browsers manually.
Add a Comment: