Closed to new replies
November 2, 2012
Link

Statistics

Replies: 175

Windows or Mac?

:iconjulloy:
JulLoy Nov 2, 2012  Hobbyist General Artist
I've been thinking about that since half a year now, buy an iMac or a PC with Windows.
I ended up with iMac, because Mac is what most of the digital artists are using.
But today... well, my boyfriend and another friend came to me saying they are worried because I want to buy that iMac.
I started thinking again and don't know what to choose now.
Which OS is better if you are planning to draw, working with 3D Programms, doing graficdesings, webdesigns etc. ?
Hope you guys can help me out..

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconjohnwilson1:
If money isn't a problem, buy a MAC. You'll never have compatibility issues because you are willing to pay for the software you want and MAC does have very nice, stable sound editing software.
:iconjohncathy:
it depends on the configuration of the pc, not windows pc or mac. mac is a little expensive. I think you can choose windows and then buy some professional draw program. As I am not quite familiar with draw things,you can search google to know what are some good drawing program.
:iconautoglass020:
What other operating systems could I use to boot up a home theater pc besides using a windows or mac?
:iconpr-imagery:
PR-Imagery Jan 8, 2013  Hobbyist General Artist
Myth, XMBC, LinuxMCE (media centre software), Element. There's quite a few out there.
:icondelusionalhamster:
delusionalHamster Jan 8, 2013  Hobbyist Digital Artist
:iconshadowmaker-241:
ShadowMaker-241 Jan 6, 2013  Hobbyist Writer
"Microsoft has gone from 97% share of computer market to 20%"
~Goldman Sachs
If you include tablets and phones...

Not that your comment is even relevant...
:iconshadowmaker-241:
ShadowMaker-241 Jan 8, 2013  Hobbyist Writer
I got that from a Linux video :shrug:
The statement is true, only if you include all computing devices like tablets and smartphones.
On the traditional PC, Windows still commands a sizable majority.
Add a Comment: