Ribbon UI for Libre Office?

Thing is, I'm on linux for a while now, and Word 2010 (or 2013) refuses to run through wine. After thinking a bit, I discovered that I won't miss much of the word features — comments suck in 2013 almost as much as they suck in LibreOffice, and I don't think there's any more features beside this that I would really need or find usable for writing. However, there is one thing that I don't really like about LibreOffice, and that's it's stone age interface, which is impractical as hell. I've seen several mock-ups featuring RibbonUI-like interface for LibreOffice, but found nothing on what to download to make my LibreOffice look similar to what Word looked like.

Additionally, is it possible to display the word count in LibreOffice like it's displayed in newer words? With that I mean, constant self-updating word count at the bottom of the page?
Comments3
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
There's an extension that shows the word count...instant word count or something like that. It should be a standard feature soon from what I recall reading this summer.

Also the ribbon interface is a jumbled mess. It's a radical shift from the standard paradigm and throws out years of research put the window. The "file edit view" standard isn't archaic, it just works.
There's an extension that shows the word count...instant word count or something like that.
Thanks!

Also the ribbon interface is a jumbled mess. It's a radical shift from the standard paradigm and throws out years of research put the window. The "file edit view" standard isn't archaic, it just works.

But it's still worse than Ribbon UI in terms of usability. Unless for "dinosaurs."