'Intel(R) G33/G31 Express Chipset Family' Won't Install

My current graphics driver isn't working as it should so I've been trying to upgrade to the current version recommended by Intel, which is 'Intel(R) G33/G31 Express Chipset Family'. The problem is, it won't install. When I try installing it manually, it won't give me administrative rights, even though my profile is an administrative profile. I also tried right-clicking the file and choosing "Run as administrator". Still, the same damn problem. When I try to update the driver through Device Manager, access is denied. HELP!
Comments9
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
1and1isme, it never asked for permission. It just outright refused. UAC is off and it still won't give me administrator rights. Any other ideas?
PR-Imagery, I tried the command you suggested and it said "access denied". Argh. It's my computer. I shouldn't be denied anything. I'll turn off UAC abnd let you know if it works.
sounds like the account is screwed then.
can you make a new account?
It won't work in any account that is currently open. I'll make a new one and see if that makes a difference.
have you tried safe mode?
Also, try opening msconfig(start>run> type msconfig). If it opens, hide the MS services and disabled everything that remains and restart. if it works and you can install, then you either have a virus or some program is messing with things.
Yes, I tried in safe-mode as well. Same problem. No difference. Why would disabling MS files in MSConfig help?
Yea, if the UAC is enabled try disabling it, restarting and try installing again. That should clear it up.
Is this Windows 7/Vista? Make sure Windows update checks for driver updates by going to devices and printers, right click on the computer icon and click device installation settings and set to yesdo this automatically.

Other than that, you can try enabling the built-in Admin account: Start run, type cmd and press ctrl+shift+enter, then in the prompt type net user administrator /active:yes, press enter,(you can finish here or set a password by typing net user administrator *insert password here*, press enter. Log off and login to the Admin account using the password (if you set it) - there is no default password to the built-in admin account. And then try installing it there.

To disable the account simply type net user administrator /active:no.
go into controlpanel and search for UAC then turn it down all the way. It won't ask permission at all anymore. Another fix would be to make certain you ave the rights to do those things, are there other acounts on the pc?