July 17, 2011
Link

Statistics

Replies: 7

Photoshop VS Paint Tool SAI

:iconmikuhatsunevocal:
MikuHatsuneVocal Featured By Owner Jul 17, 2011  Student Digital Artist
Which program would you choose?

You can no longer comment on this thread as it was closed due to no activity for a month.

Devious Comments

:iconkijonaia:
kijonaia Featured By Owner Jul 30, 2011  Hobbyist Digital Artist
I use PaintToolSAI. Photoshop has always gotten on my nerves, and every one I've used my pressure sensitivity on my stylus never shows well, which I REALLY hate. SAI's pressure sensitivity compatibility is amazing and definitely 20x better than Photoshop's. Photoshop is also absurdly priced at an f-ing $800 for one of the full programs, whereas SAI is $100 and you can get the full program for that price. With Photoshop, unless you're at a business where you're forced to use it(e.g., the employer requires it or a class in school requires it(which, in most cases, they'll have on their own computers for you to use)), you're just eating the cost for something that you really won't need. SAI offers pretty much all of the same stuff and, what it doesn't offer in the click of a button, can be with a little more effort.
:iconwaffleryebread:
WaffleRyebread Featured By Owner Jul 30, 2011  Hobbyist General Artist
Depends on what your looking for. They're both great programs. IMO Photoshop is better because it has more features
:icongeekysideburns:
geekysideburns Featured By Owner Jul 25, 2011   Digital Artist
Photoshop because it's everywhere and it pays to learn it.
:iconvriskca244:
VrisKCa244 Featured By Owner Jul 23, 2011  Student General Artist
I quite like SAI~
:iconjakobdam:
jakobdam Featured By Owner Jul 20, 2011  Professional Interface Designer
I have both. Bought and paid for, as I'm a photographer with my own company (just a small time company, but I make some nice money).

For photography, interface and layout purposes, nothing beats Photoshops workflow.

But for drawing - well, having used Photoshop since the very old v5.5 (not CS5.5 which is the latest, but the v5.5 before they made up the CS brand), I'm a huge fan of Photoshop. But the first time I tried Paint Tool SAI - I immediately paid the few bucks that it cost.

Now, I only draw in SAI. Check out my gallery - there's a few drawings from photoshop (the crouching salsa girl) and the newer drawings are made in SAI.

Download the demos for Photoshop and SAI if you want - I'm sure you'll reach the same conclusion as I did... :)
:iconcamicuti97:
camicuti97 Featured By Owner Jul 18, 2011  Hobbyist Digital Artist
I think you can get either one for free ;3;
Anyway, I like using SAI for lineart, but I haven't gotten totally familiar with either program quite yet. :/
:iconhandy333:
handy333 Featured By Owner Jul 17, 2011
The free one.
Add a Comment: