Graphic Card

Ok so I love MMOs and RPGs like Dragon Age. What type of graphic card would you suggest? Would a GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB work? Or would a GeForce GTX 1070 8GB be the one I would need? I don't need to set the game to all the highest settings and sometimes I'll set the settings lower than default but I don't wanna get something crappy and have the game lag horribly or have to set everything to the lowest to get a decent frame rate. 
Comments19
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
In the long run the 1070 will be a good bit less expensive. It'll last a lot longer. If you have the money the 1070 is a better idea. 

The 1050Ti will work perfectly well. 
What about a Intel Core i5-7500 and 8GB DDR4 2133 MHz for RAM? Or would you consider upgrading both if I have the money to do so? Or I guess I could just make another post with the whole computer and figure out what to save money on and such. 
I think you'll be totally fine with that processor and memory.

For what it's worth I have an i7 2600K with 16GB of DDR3 RAM and a gtx 1080 and I have no issues with the CPU bottlenecking anything. You have to go to a really slow CPU before it starts to actually matter.
I see, I see. Well ok then. Just curious, is a soundcard worth spending money on? I'm thinking of just going with motherboard audio just to save some cash. 
No, they're not worth it these days. Onboard audio has gotten really good and you won't see an improvement when using a sound card.

If you do want good audio quality then the correct thing to do is to get an external DAC and receiver and go that route.
Anyway it seems like according to all the info I've gathered here the processor and system memory is fine. Just gotta spend some more to get a better graphic card. Don't have to worry about the audio. I can do without the speakers. If I cut the optical I can save a little money. Power supply is 500 W.
Well about the only thing I truly cut that I don't think I'll need is an optical drive...everything seems to be digital download or just uses codes these days so I don't see the point of having one. I mean honestly it won't save me a lot though. 
I haven't had an optical drive for like... 8 years and I've never missed it once.

They are truly unnecessary and ugly af.

If you ever really need one they sell usb ones for like $20
View all replies
Dragon Age Inquisition recommends a GTX 660 with 3 GB or better, so a 1050 Ti should work just fine in that regards. Though if by "RPGs" you also mean something like The Witcher 3 or Fallout 4, then I would check the system requirements to make sure you are still good.

The meanest MMO I can think of is Black Desert Online, which recommends a 650, and Final Fantasy XIV, which recommends a 660.

These are all probably for 1080p @ 60 FPS. But so long as you don't have any other games that are big about their details, a 1050 Ti sounds fine.

For dealing with lag, make sure you also have a good CPU for the games as well as an appropriate amount of RAM as having something not good enough will cause the game to lag despite having a great GPU.
Intel Core i5-7500, 8GB DDR4 2133 MHz.