How can I play old (Windows 95/98) games on the computer (not too complicated way)

Hello, there,

I have a lot of great old computer games such as Zoombinis's Logical Journey and would like to buy another old game on Amazon. The problem is, while I do have an old 98 computer in the basement of my home, I tried to make the games work on a Windows 7 computer (tried to download Virtual PC and downloaded VirtualBox), but these options are long and complicated. Does anyone here knows a way to play these old computer games without having to go through long programming and installations?

Thanks in advance,

sampea
Comments13
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Do keep in mind that if you're running a 64-bit version of Windows that even in compatibility mode, you cannot run 16-bit games such as those that were written to run in MS-DOS.
You can try comparability mode, but honestly Virtual PC is SUPER easy to set up. Just got grab a tutorial.
I tried but the computer doesn't recongnize the 64 bit version I downloaded.
...is your computer only 32 bit?
It's a windows 7 , alright, but when I try to install Virtual Pc, it says ''it is not compatible with a 64-bit system, please use the 64 bit version of virtual PC".
yeah there are two types of windows 7 32-bit and 64-bit. It sounds like you have 64-bit, and downloaded the 32-bit version.
really. Right click on your "My computer" icon and go to properties. Should give you info on your system.
View all replies
Just run winm 98 in a vm, its not that complicated. There are plenty of step by step videos if you need. www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3in5J…
Right click the game > Troubleshoot compatibility. No extra software required.
Update to Windows 10 and use compatibility mode. It works great for stuff that old. I've had no problems with things that used to only run in a VM