Cyberpower pC windows 10 won't let me extend displays

ive tried all the obvious stuff, so here i am in the forums to see if anyone has a solution.

What happens is i got a monitor and a cintiq 13hd and i want each monitor to show their own stuff (extended) but there is no option for this in the screen resolution section. It reads my cintiq as 1 and my monitor as 1 as well and duplicates the screens.

I really want the screens extended so i can use references on my monitor and draw on my cintiq like i am used to on my old PC but im stuck =(

some details about my PC

Cyberpower PC
2TB Hard drive
16G ram
3.5 ghz cpu
i7

it has a AMD  radeon graphics card R7 250 2GB
Comments5
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
So on Control Panel -> Appearance and Personalization -> Display -> Screen Resolution it only shows both as monitor 1 no matter what you select under "Multiple displays"?
Correct, im only getting "cintiq 13HD" and when i click on identify, i get a "1" on both screens.
After looking over the documentation, I'm a bit confused. It seems to expect the tablet to map to your display, not function as its own display, and this seems integral to how it's supposed to work. Can you fully describe your old PC setup?
To my amazement this problem fixed itself over night.

Basically i got a desk and i got a normal monitor on the shelf part and a cintiq on the lower part. On my old PC i could use the top screen as a reference screen while drawing on my cintiq.

The problem was my new PC wasn't detecting the 2011x normal monitor and it was just duplicating the top and bottom. i did a restart first thing today because WoW was being really laggy (11fps on low settings) after the reboot i now have 98 fps on low, 22 fps on high and the screens are now 1 and 2 instead of just 1 and 1.

I can drag stuff from the bottom screen into the top screen. This is also good for people who want to stream video games or art as it puts the chat in a separate screen than the screen that you are sharing.