Cintiq 13HD VS Huion GT-185HD ?

Hi!

I`m considering a tablet monitor. First, I thought about a Cintiq 13HD because I`m all pro Wacom. But I`m also intrigued by the Huion GT-185HD. The size and price are tempting, and some reviews claim it to be just like what i need, yet, I`ve also read disturbing reviews about dead pixels and dust beneath the glass, not to mention the unaxeptable taped-to-the-corners-protector. SO…….

I`d appreciate some opinions about the Cintiq 13HD and the Huion GT-185HD please, especially the later one.

Thanks! :)

Comments7
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Thanks!
I'm slightly more inclined to take the risk with the Huion right now. I had both Wacom and non-Wacon tablets so far, so I know the compromises, but still, it seems promising.

The Cintiq sounds so good on the other, hand except for the size, I could afford a bigger one with some efforts, but I can`t justify it with my current level... hmm  
It is curious just you saying you can't justify it at your current level ;)

Anyway what I wanted to say is beware of a bigger tablet: For anatomical reasons most people use their tablet with an angle on their desk (it is not aligned with the desk's border). A bigger tablet will take more place especially if like me you use your tablet at a 80° angle with the desk's border.
Thanks! Yeah, I am thiking right now about what I will do with the space on my desk. If I go for the big one, I`ll see if it fits next to my Mac, otherwise I`d need a new desk or extend the current one somehow. But I do want to ensure I have enough room for it so I can put it in any angle. :)
There are a few guest artist reviews for the tablets at 
www.parkablogs.com/tags/huion

And also other brands of Cintiq alternatives.
I wrote this review of my Cintiq 13HD, maybe it can help a little bit.

Cintiq critiq

Those sound like some pretty serious issues with the Huion. I don't have one, but I wouldn't take the chance of getting one with many dead pixels or dust I could not remove.
You get what you pay for with tablets.