Wacom Intuos CTH-480 - light/weak/low-pressure pen, can't fix it

I've just bought a new tablet today to replace my old Bamboo CTL-460. (Just because the latter's cable is damaged at its base, causing it to disconnect frequently.)

That new tablet is a Wacom Intuos CTH-480. And after installing it, already it is awkward and irresponsive.

I tried to set up the pen options so that the sensitivity and speed is to my liking.

I try to put everything on "firm" to be more comfortable with it.

But the pen. Just. Lacks. Pressure.

It is weak and doesn't "click" like a normal pen.

I try to click links, close windows, select things by pressing once. 2 out of 3 times it does nothing.

I try to draw simple lines in Photoshop, but the lines are too thin and light.
Even if my Brush Tool pressure size is quite big and I press hard, it doesn't do the full circle: it barely does half.

This is unsettling, awkward and very annoying.

I have tried to go to "Services" several times to restart the "Wacom Professional Tablet Service". I have done this dozens of times, and it doesn't improve things (except the odd times where the pen does the classic trick of losing all pressures and making only even lines).

Can anybody help me on this? I tried to Google for answers, but can't find anything to help me.

Thank you so much.
Comments4
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Recently I buy  in Ebay a Huion pen tablet.    Try with one tutorial in Youtube
Sounds like the wacom software has evolved a bit from what you're used to. Don't take everything to firm, allow yourself work work on a softer setting.

Also be sure that your drivers are updated.
Isn't there some sort of Microsoft ink/tablet pic ink and MS pen input or something running in the background?

Turn it off