Getting a new video card for Fallout 4

You guys may remember that i made a post about this but i think i may have came across a card that is both affordable and better than i already got and i hope this will make my pc "body ready" for Fallout 4.

Anyways just for some clarity this is the video card i am using now is a AMD Radeon HD 6800 Series 1GB. What im planning on getting is this.
www.amazon.com/EVGA-GeForce-SU…

So from what i have seen this is not a bad grab. But if you guys have better ideas i would love to hear them. Last time you guys help a lot and a think you all for it. I came across this card thanks to you guys. Anyways i would love to hear what you guys think. Take care.
Comments42
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
GTX 770, GTX 970 or if you are on a budget GTX 960 2GB card. 4GB is recommended for higher res textures etc. It's worth it.
Would it be worth getting the GTX 960 4gb card? It's about 40$ more than the other card.
Hmm, my brother got GTX 960 2GB. It costs about 200 dollar. So  about the double for the 4GB models. I have GTX 770 4GB OC version, and it still is beasty to play modern AAA games on very high/ultra 1920x1200 with 60+ fps.
I live in canada so the gtx 960 2gb is like 270$ and the 4gb is like 315$. From all of the reviews i was read and watched it seems that the gtx 960 SSC 2gb is a good grab. It runs basically everything very well. From what i seems that the extra 2gb is really just for super high res textures (apparently stuff at 4k) which to be honest i will never need. Im looking to have 1080 gaming at least at 30 frames and higher. So it seems as you said the gtx 960 ssc 2gb is a good one to grab. 
Go with the GTX 960 2GB. But on thing to remember that my brother have issues with is that the monitor goes black every 10 minutes when he use Google Chrome, some issue with the Geforce Experience driver that i hope will be fixed asap. But everything else works great. He plays GTA V on medium/high on everything. Battlefield 4 on medium/high over 60 fps. The older Simbin racing sims is over 90 fps on highest settings. He use a 1080p 144hz monitor. The card is a MSI GTX 960 2GB.

The nice thing is that the 2 fans turns off automatically when the GPU isn't under load. So you save a lot of power and it becomes much more quiet compared to my GTX 770 that has 3 fans that runs all the time on low rpm when not in use.

And in the future you could upgrade your card to something more powerful or go with SLI. But i've had some minor issues with SLI many times, but it really is worth the heat and setup-time to get some certain games to work... While some games does not work at all.
That Chrome thing seems like some bullshit. I can imagine that would piss me off since all i use is Chrome.

Also i have been reading and watching a lot about videocards and i dont think SLI is really a direction i want to go in
I asked my brother about the chrome problem today. And it is now fixed since the latest driver update and a new motherboard update. So no problems. It was just a release issue with the card.
View all replies
GTX970, totally worth it Headbang! 

GTX950 if on budget.
Sad thing is i was reading all of the prices in USD and not in canadian. So even the 950 is at least 250$ :/  
R9 390 is a better deal than the GTX 970 right now. Can't disagree with the 950 recommendation, though.

Also, check out NCIX. They're a Canadian retailer so their prices should be more reasonable for you and I've had nothing but good experiences with them.
Ya, think if i do get a video card it will be the gtx 950.
Thanks for the comment 
Altough the GTX 660 and 950 are similair in performance (GTX 950 is a bit better, but not substantially), the GTX 950 will get better support and more features in geforce xperience in the future, so that is totally worth the $9 extra. 
Maybe I'm just behind on the news, but I don't see any PC requirements for Fallout 4. While I can think of a few cards that should do just fine in running the game, I wouldn't advise getting a new graphics card in hopes that it will work. When Bethesda announces what cards they will support, then make a decision from there. Otherwise, hold your money.
good point. 

I did find the supposed requirements here www.game-debate.com/games/inde…  
I wouldn't count on that. Till Bethesda officially announces a requirement, take this list with a grain of salt. Sites that are directly selling the game, such as Steam or Amazon.
Yup the GTX950 would be a good choice

You can also look at the R7 370 from the AMD side
I'll just leave this here amzn.com/B013WQCC8Q

They're roughly on par but newer drivers will support the 950 better since it's the newest architecture so I think you'll see better framerates in new games. It's also smaller which is nice for a lot of reasons.

You'll have a great time either way :)