What ultrabook for Photoshop?

Im thinking about moving from my desktop PC to a portable device, maybe an ultrabook. I would like to use NAS for storage of my data, but I was wondering what notebook of that kind is capable of handling PS 6 or CS?

I use mostly the RAW editor, also do HDR or exposure blending. So it should handle bigger file size with ease, and of course some classic retouching techniques.

What is most importaint for PS? Is it only the CPU and RAM, or also the graphic card? 

Thanks for the advice!(:

Comments9
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Thank you everyone fot your help! I highly appreciate it! Now only I have to decide whitch way to go... :D Have a nice day!
Buy a used Thinkpad X series instead, probably a 220. They're almost ultrabook sized, last forever, are easy to fix and upgrade, and they have decent processors and ram capacity - you could put together a 16GB i7 machine if you wanted to. 
Most ultrabooks should be fine. For most photoshop work plenty of RAM is what you want to look for, but keep in mind that ultrabooks often have lower clocked processors so be sure that the clock speed for the processor for your ultrabook is fast enough to run photoshop.
Hi! Do you think that a I7 processor and 16 GB is enough? With of course an SSD. Doesnt one need also a strong GPU? Thank you!(:
oh that's way more than enough! you can actually manage with 8GB of RAM and an i5 if you want to save some money. Also photoshop isn't GPU based so you shouldn't need one one, unless you plan on doing some 3D rendering or gaming.
Hey Viktor...

The answer is quite simple... it all depends on your budget and your needs.
But be aware that an ultrabook gives you great portability but not the best performance and price, like the dell xps 13 for example.
Huge image processing like RAW files requires PS great CPU power, fast RAM and ultra fast SSD. So I would recommend something like a Lenovo Ideapad Y510p. This one has a powerful CPU, fast RAM and you can install a NGFF SSD along a normal 2TB HDD or something. So you have great performance, storage capacity, price and portability but not awesome portability.
Newer generations of laptops like Lenovo Ideapad Y50-70, which is more expensive, improves greatly the portability aspect but removes a bunch of useful features like adding an HDD next to the SSD.
If you need further help please let me know!
Good luck!
Hi Cristian!

So, if I got it right, I need plenty fo ram and a powerfull processor along with an SSD. These are the most critical hardware requirements? Of course I want to get something for a reasonable price... Thanks for your help!
Yep... you got it right Viktor.
The SSD is very important because it is the slowest component in a new PC. So the faster the better to keep up with the CPU and the RAM.
A good option is to buy a previous generation high end laptop which you could get at a good price.
And if you want extra storage along the SSD, then either make sure the laptop had a slot for an extra HDD or you can always remove the optical unit and replace it with a HDD Caddy. Take this laptop for example: www.mediagalaxy.ro/laptop-asus… (sorry it's a romanian website)
The configuration is great... just replace the optical unit with this hddcaddy.com/en/asus-hdd-caddy… and you could have like 2TB of storage plus the SSD.
So as you can see you have plenty of options, so now you just have to setup a maximum budget. And yeah... one more thing... if you like to work at night, then definitely buy a laptop with a backlit keyboard.