Weird Wacom Intuos Pro M problem

Hi,

yesterday my Wacom Intuous Pro M arrived and I played around with it for a few hours. From the beginning I had a really weird problem. Everytime I make small dots (like hovering over the Wacom and just letting the pen touch the tablet really soft again and again) and sometimes even just while drawing completely normal, my pen makes a huge dot on the screen, almost like if I pressed down with all my force. It looks like the pen or the tablet misconceives the light touches as really strong ones. Please see the picture I attached.

picload.org/image/iirwlio/dots…

Is there anything wrong with the tablet or the pen?

PS: The problem occured in Photoshop but I was also able to recreate it in SketchBook.
Comments9
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Ok so now I tried some other tools like Mischief and it seems to work there óÔ

Sadly I encountered some other problems, like for example the eraser didn't work in wireless mode (it worked as soon as I plugged in the device) and sometimes also the pen pressure was always set to 100% until I restarted the tablet.

Is it possible that the tablet behaves totally different in wireless/wired mode?
I can reassure you that it's not the tablet's fault, it's Photoshop's (and software that's similar in this part), so please don't hurt your tablet or pen. I have been trying to solve this problem with other artists for years. Unfortunately, Adobe seems to have no intention in improving this. I recommend using other programs, like Clip Studio Paint, it never happened to me there.
I only use the wired connection since I don't have the Wifi Kit, so I guess it has nothing to do with the connectivity. I guess I just have to contact Wacom directly, I just hoped this might be a well known bug with a simple fix or workaround.
The intuos pro comes with wireless already...you don't need the kit. Either way though it still might just be a general issue with wacom. I seem to recall my old graphire4 having done it too.
Yeah it does that. It happens with mine too. I think some of it has to do with the wireless connectivity. It has a VERY limited range, so it doesn't always respond properly, but hey that's what the undo button is for.
Hmm..., try reinstalling the drivers. that should fix the problem, if it still occurs check the sensitivity in the settings.

Something could be in the pen nib's way; try removing the pen nib and replace it with another that's in the pen holder that was provided.
The driver is the newest one from the Wacom service page, I didn't use the ones from the CD.

I'll keep on testing for a few days but for now (2 days, 2-3 hours of usage per day) the problem occurs pretty often.
Did you update the driver?

If so - then it's probably the pen. It might smooth out with a few days of use though so I wouldn't panic too quickly.