When to switch wacom tablet pen tip? How?

So I've had this tablet and pen for a while and haven't really had to change the pen tip because I didn't do much digital for the first year or so that I had it. 
Now, my pen tip looks warn down a bit and sometimes makes scraping sounds - but only at a certain angle. 
It came with a couple changeable tips (all the same) but I'm not sure if this is normal or a sign I need to swap it for another? Also how...the pen tip seems like it wont come out and I'm scared to fuss with it too much ^^;
Comments7
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
When using the plastic nibs I change them when they get worn to an angle; I find that I start losing precision since the nib rotates to have the wide flat end down and I lose that "point". Plastic nibs are cheap (and you can make them yourself for pennies using trimmer wire) so wearing them out wasn't a concern for me when I was using them. I did switch to the felt and rubber nibs since I like the feel more, even though they wear out faster.
thanks for the input!! 
Personally, I change it when it gets very short (like almost nothing coming out of the pen) or if it's getting excessively scratchy! It all depends on how you use it, I guess? I use mine quite a bit and sometimes I press hard, so I'm on my third and I've had my tablet for about a year and a half. 
As for taking it out, they can be difficult!! Just use the little pincher things and PULL THAT SUCKER. There's really no way to break it or anything when doing it. xx 
Yeah, I think mine has a bit more use by the sounds of it. It's only scratchy at certain angles, and hasn't lost its percision and stuff like others have mentioned. But the time is coming haha

Thanks for the input and for the how to on getting it out haha, i didn't think of that :aww:
Pen NibsWhen is the right time to change your pen nibs? I'm using a wacom inuos pen and touch medium (CTH680). 
I had similar problems, but according to Cassy when the nib is shorter and recessed into the stylus and it's all pointy/worn. Like when you really have to apply pressure, it might be time to change since the nib is super ground down. 
Thank you, this helped a lot! :)
Overall based on peoples responses I think mines got a little more time before it's time to switch, but it's coming soon haha