good digital sketchbook?

a couple of days ago I stumbled upon medibang paint pro website and it said it's available for android tablet.

I've never thought about this before but I guess it'd be nice if I could paint wherever and whenever I want to instead of only in my room.

so I'm looking for a good portable digital sketchbook. Do you have any recommendation? It could be anything from tablet or tablet/pc slate as long as I could fit it in my bag and it doesn't need to be attached with laptop. It'd be also nice if it has 1,024 levels of pressure sensitivity (or higher)

I'm considering this one since it's not very expensive www.tabletsforartists.com/tosh…
but I wanna see other possibilities too

help please?
Comments13
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
I've got a Galaxy Note 10.1, drawing with the pen feels super smooth c: it does have pressure sensitivity, though I think only some apps use it.

The apps I've been using is Artflow and Photoshop touch, both are powerful and very nice to work with, there are free versions for you to try if you're keen
Hope this helped :-)
For Android, either Samsung Note 10 or Note Pro
You can check out this review to read some experience on drawing with Android drawing apps.
www.parkablogs.com/picture/rev…

If you have the budget, you might want to check out Surface 3 also
www.parkablogs.com/picture/rev…
thanks a lot for the advice
your review is very helpful and detailed!

I'll put them into consideration ^^
Pakaku is right - as always. ;)

A little review: I discovered Medibang's program myself about a week ago and yes it is one of the more affordable drawing apps out there.  I think that it works in a way that is reminiscent of OpenCanvas and some of the other Android painting apps out there -- though perhaps not as good as Alias Sketchbook, Corel's Mobile Painter, WetPaint, Infinite Painter or ArtFlow.  It is primarily a manga/cartooning program and works well if you view it from that perspective.  It also has the advantage of being able to sync with other versions of the program (i.e., on Windows) as well as their Manga Name (which helps if you want to work on a manga/cartoon with friends who have iPads).  

Although it can work with non-penabled tablets, it does seem to have a better workflow if you do go the pressure-sensitive stylus route.

The Samsung Note tabs work well with this app (I use a Samsung Note Tab 12.2 myself) -- so it can handle a bigger surface area without any major slowdown, unlike some other apps.  You can try using styluses with it that are dual-ended (i.e., have erasers) but don't expect the eraser to work.  I have a feeling that Wacom and HTC tablets should also work just as well.
thanks a lot for the review ^^

I was considering to get android tablet too since people said it's better to paint than ipad. I haven't tried both of them though, so I can't really tell.
the good one is kinda expensive though, might need to save a couple of bucks to buy it

do you perhaps know any other painting program that are free??
I'm sure the paid ones are better, but since I'm not a professional myself I don't want to spend a lot of money on that ^^;
Of course I eventually will upgrade to the paid one, but only after I get comfortable with the free one first
You already know about Medibang, so I won't comment on that one.  Sketchbook Express is a free version of Sketchbook - so it lacks some features but has more than enough to produce decent artwork with.  Infinite Painter also has a free version that is quite pleasant.  As for other apps, and there are other free ones out there, I suggest reading through the reviews for the apps carefully - there are quite a few out there which bombard you with ads or really bog down your device.

One more thing: check the manufacturer's apps store after you buy the tablet.  Tablet makers often have their own app stores and will sometimes offer free or cheap versions of apps that can be found in the Google Play store for much more money.
I see
so it's better to go to the store and try things myself

thanks a lot for the advice ^^
A Galaxy Note 10.1 would be your best bet for android.
it's not that expensive so I like it already XD

does it have pressure sensitivity though? does the stylus work good or maybe I should use a penabled pen?
As far as I know it has pressure sensitivity and the pen works well.
An app is only going to be as good as the hardware.
so should I invest on the app instead? do you have any recommendation?