Mouse Pointer Keeps Changing, my Mouse Settings don't Recognize the Change

Hi,

For the past few weeks my mouse pointer keeps changing. It's become really frustrating because I have to go to my control panel, click a new mouse setting, then go back to the original setting just so the mouse size will change back to it's original size. This usually happens when I am doing art in photoshop, I will be on my brush tool and do art and all that and when I go out of photoshop to chrome or something the pointer size will be huge.

Can somebody help me out with this issue please??

XD I don't know why I am having so many hardware and software issues lately.
Comments27
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
My first hunch is that the pointer could be triggered by your Accessibility settings.  If not, then there also are reports that some of the ATI drivers could trigger this - check the date on the drivers.  If the drivers are older, then this hotfix might work: support.amd.com/us/kbarticles/… .
I'm sort of confused by this, I use Windows 7, alienware
Plain English version:
1. Alienware is a manufacturer of computers.  Your computer uses a graphics card which is supplied by one of two companies: ATI and Nvidia.  (Alienware uses both manufacturers graphics cards in their computers.)  The ATI hardware relies on ATI graphics drivers to work properly.  If the ATI graphics driver is an older version (i.e., one that is not working properly with your graphics hardware), then it could trigger the mouse problem.

2. In the Windows 7 control panel, you will find a section referring to Accessibility.  Accessibility is a feature added to Windows 7 by Microbugs for people who have visual or motor disabilities yet they want to use computers.  The mouse size issues can be caused by turning Accessibility features on.

Addendum: Since the original post, another possibility popped up.  It is similar to the ATI issue.  If you are using a Logitech mouse with your Alienware computer, then the problem could occur.  Update the Logitech mouse software to solve the problem.
I feel like it's a issue between my tablet and the mouse???
I use a iHome wireless mouse
Make sure your items size is set to 100% in Control Panel\Appearance and Personalization\Display
Other then that I have no idea.
Google it?
I did google it but nothing really shows up, its only when I am using my tablet in PS
Listen you obviously have a virus on that device if you have avast do a quick scan if you have a virus message me
I have Norton 360 that scans my computers a couple times a day and scans everything I download.
There is no such thing as a perfect anti-virus.
yes but I know it's not a virus
Well... you can't exactly rule that out in this case. If the cursor is randomly changing sizes and you didn't change any settings, it could very well be automatic code from malware causing the issue.
I'm sure its from my tablet, it's when I change brush sizes or use it a lot while using my tablet pen and it will stay that size, I just want a way to fix it so my cursor doesn't change size.
Oh...

I see, I didn't exactly read the post correctly. Well... you could try reinstalling the tablet driver.
View all replies