PLZ HALP MEH

Now that I have your attention, something weird is going on with my graphics tablet.

I have a Huion H610 Pro with a Dell XPS8700 running Windows 8.1, and I am a standard user. Whenever I plug in my tablet, the computer knows something is being plugged in, and I can even go to the tablet settings (yes, I do have the drivers OK) and the Calibrate button is there, and the green indicator light is turning on whenever I press a button or use the pen like it's supposed to. But at the bottom right of my screen on the icon tray, the tablet icon shows a big red X for "tablet is not plugged in" and the buttons and pen do nothing! The thing is, I know I installed the drivers correctly, because I could use it last time I was at this house. But then I went away for a week, and the computer was already on when I got back, so I don't know whether it was rebooted or not - but when I try to use the tablet now, the problem described above happens.

But I think it's worth noting that I took my graphics tablet with me when I went away, and used it with a different computer. Would that cause a problem? Please reply!
Comments3
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
UPDATE: It's working now. No need to reply, thanks.
Perhaps the cable or tablet got physically broken while traveling... it happens. Given what you're describing it's probably the cable making a power connection but not data. Try a new cable and take a look at the ports to make sure nothing is bent.