Advise me on choosing a tablet.

Hi all,
I'm looking to buy my first drawing tablet but I'm not very rich so it can't be one of those really nice Wacoms. :/ I have found a couple of tablets on Amazon I might be able to afford but I wondered whether they would be good, and also if there's a better place to be looking for tablets. Here are links to the ones I found:

www.amazon.com/Huion-Inches-Di…
www.amazon.com/Wacom-Intuos-Sm…
www.amazon.com/Wacom-banboo-on…

Which of these would you choose for a beginner mainly drawing on GIMP? Would you advise me to look for something else, and if so, what?

Thanks!
Comments18
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Im not sure if you're still looking or if you've already decided on a tablet. As one who uses GIMP and a Huion tablet, I'll say assess your financial situation. I bought mine about a 1.5 years ago for cheap (by my standards and financial situation at the time) for about $40, if I remember correctly. But unfortunately this past week , its been acting up. Pen issues, connectivity issues, driver issues. I'll chuck it up to me being very abusive with it, dropping it, accidentally ripping out the USB cable numerous times.
There's many tablet brands out there and after MY issues with Huion, I'm a little wary of getting any other lower brand names or generic tablets simply that either the drivers won't work or there will be no active support.
If you know that you'll be using the tablet day in day out as a hobby or even earn some income from it, I'll say invest a good and durable tablet. That way you're getting your moneys worth and then some. I've heard from many that the Intuous tablets are pretty durable, some lasting 6+ years.
But all in all, it comes down your financial situation. And then how much you'll be using it.
For a complete beginner to digital arts and using tablets, it's best to get the cheapest option, and hardware that is specifically meant for beginners. I've seen a few cases where people who, after trying out a tablet for the first time, hated the way it worked, ended up abandoning digital art completely and switching to traditional art forever, pretty much wasting all the money they spent on the tablet. So I think it's best to stick to a wacom bamboo or the huion. You should check out some reviews on those, tho, some tablets are known for having defects and problems. 

I personally use a genius easypen i405x, mainly because it's the only beginner-level tablet available in my country, and because the pen nibs seem to last forever, so I won't have to bother buying more of those lulz. 
Good to know. I'll have to check around and see if I can find the genius easypen here. How do you like the feel of the pen? I tried out a Huion and don't like the pen much.
I have to say that the wacom will last more, not for the questionable quality of the other ones, its for the drivers. With the Wacom you are sure you'll get drivers updates up to 10 years after the model comes out (There 3 new windows releases before the wacom intuos support ends).
Meh, it's pretty good. I heard wacom pens feel much better (and don't require batteries) but its okay for a beginner I guess.
You can completely take the Bamboo off the list since it's the older version of the Intuos small. I've heard mixed things about Huion on these forums...most people say the drivers suck but the hardware is pretty reliable.
Thanks. I ended up being able to use one at work. I don't like the pen much.
Here's a comparison of the various tablets out in the market in 2015

www.parkablogs.com/content/whi…
Thanks, that's great information.
www.amazon.com/Turcom-TS-6580B…

One of my favorite artists uses this tablet. He said it's comparable to the Wacom tablets, and it's significantly cheaper. They have a 10x6.5 as well, and some other accessories.
Thanks, I'll check it out.
Intous pen small is the newest model.
But i'd save up and buy a pro or a pro medium if I were you.
Save money.... buy Huion. 
eBay is the best place to look for tablets

Then there is Newegg

Ebay
Intuos pro small is 179$
However, you'll prefer a medium sized tablet most likely

Wacom intuos 3 medium> $90
Wacom Intuos 5 medium >$110
Intuos 3 large > $100

Those are set prices
You could get it for much cheaper if you are into bidding

==============