Need to remove parental controls from a 3ds

I recently purchased one which has parental controls on just about everything. I've tried the hacking program but apparently Nintendo has updated the system so that the inquiry codes are 10 digits long instead of 8. The hacking program has not yet been updated. This is driving me nuts. I'm not calling Nintendo. Does anyone know any other ways to bypass the parental controls without calling customer service?
Thank you ~
Comments9
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
It looks like that you're clearly out of luck.

You obviously won't be using your 3DS nor that you'll eventually refund your money either...unless, you have a return policy.

Infact, you should not have bought a used Nintendo 3DS at a cheaper price as there are chances where they may have parental controls in place and Nintendo might not obviously help you at all. It's a scam.

On a side note, the OP is no longer with us...so, it's pointless to continue replying to this thread.
Dude, just call Nintendo or quit complaining.
If you're not willing to call Nintendo on it, then you should just take it back to the place you purchased it from... assuming that you're still under their return policy.
I have the same problem with my sister's 2DS. She's only nine, so she doesn't understand the consequences of carelessly messing around with data and settings. She ended up setting a random parental control password without paying attention to what it was. Thus, I could not download any updates or bug fixes. I found you can go to Nintendo's website and obtain an override code. Unfortunately, they verify your identity using an unorthodox method: they charge $0.50 off a credit card and trace the charge back to you. They just assume that everybody uses credit cards for everything.
That's why I hate customer service. I can totally see my little sister doing that, lol. Just goes to show why some things should not be bought used.
You really should just call Nintendo.
Over my dead body :laughing:
Then enjoy your locked 3ds