Cintiq 13 pen lag? :(

I just finished a drawing last night and it was fine. I go to use it today, the pen is lagging. 

Maybe lagging isnt the right word for it though, for example, if I make a continuous circle, it wont lag. But if I lift it back up and put down another mark/line, it sometimes won't make that mark/line, and I have to do it again. Im just calling it lag, but it could be a stutter, idk.

I work on a Mac with updated OS, and I just updated the cintiqs drivers and restarted my comp a few times. Am I going to need to buy a new pen, or worse, a new tablet?

Thank you!
Comments7
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Wow ok so I actually found the problem. By turning the rulers off in Photoshop, the lag went away. That doesn't make any sense, but there you have it!
That's weird as heck.
I know! it was so obscure, but i remembered i turned on the rulers to check some size and yep, that was the answer! 
Makes me wonder how many other frustrating problems are caused by little weird things like that...
I do not know exactly what's going on with your pen or tablet, but I can tell you my experience with my old Cintiq 12.
I wore with my Mac, and he had also installed Windows, Windows gave it much lag as you say, but when I used on the Macintosh that disappeared and it worked perfectly.
You can test with different forms and software, perhaps with a different or older software to function better.
I know when my had lag in Photoshop it worked perfectly in Manga Studio.