Cintiq?

Now I'm rethinking the ipad air 2 since I mainly just wanted to draw on it and all the other apps don't interest me
and thinking about a cintiq but that price tag T_T /can't afford but want to read into it so I can save up.
I see you can use paint tool sai on it and I was like omg I neeed.
but anyway does anyone own one and if you love love it?
or  can recommend a model?
Comments29
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
I own both iPad and Cintiq 22HD.

iPad is no match with the cintiq, and I have both Wacom Creative Stylus 2 and Adonit jot pixel point. Non of them where even close to windows/android tablets such as galaxy note and surface pro.

iPads are nice toys to have, but never for art purposes.
So android's are good?
I was looking into this cintiq
store.wacom.com/us/en/product/…
it says it runs on android and I wasn't sure what that meant. Like I don't know if I would be able to use paint tool sai.

This one seems great as well but it is out of stock and if I also wanted to connect to my computer once in a while I'm not sure if it would work cuz I have windows 7
store.wacom.com/us/en/product/…
Any android tablet that support Wacom digitizers or anything equivalent is good. And you can use sai if you hook it up to PC. Cintiq Companion 2 (non hybrid) can also be used as regular cintiq now, the only cintiq companion that won't hook with a PC is the first generation Companion with W8, which I believe they already ceased it's prodction.

and....oh wow, I never thought they wacom lowered their prices, it used to be $1700 when it was released. For it's price, I'd say this is your best bet.
Thanks so much
I think I'm going to save up fr the one run on windows seems to be exactly what I want.
It's out of stock though and I wouldn't know where else to buy it @_@! I hope they don't take very long on re-stocking.
I hope they don't take very long on re-stocking.

They usually don't, but if they do, amazon is a good distributor too.

...and you're welcome ;)
 The newly announced Surface 3 should be right up your ally, Cheaper then the Pro 3 and it retains the N-trig pen, while not as good as a Wacom Pen, its certainly better then any of the gimmick pens they have for the ipad. And its cherrytrail atom core should handle Photoshop fairly well, so Paint Tool Sai would run with ease.

Also, with Wacom pens you may want to look into

Asus Vivo Note 8
Thinkpad Tablet 10
Surface Pro 2

and on Android, the Galaxy Note line of tablets use Wacom Digitizers, so if your cool with Android, those are also options.
Thanks so much!
My main concern is using paint tool sai and photoshop so this is some great info!
Really want good pen pressure as well.
I just started looking into android so this is helpful I will look more into the galaxy note and surface pro 3. they've been suggested a lot.
Alternative to cintiq, Yiynova, Monoprice, Huion

Of course, it won't beat wacom, but worth looking into it when on a budget !
thanks for the suggestions!
i will look into them<3333
Yes. I have the 13". It's more than enough room at a $999.95 price tag. Great control. Great sensitivity. Works good with Sai, comes with photoshop elements.
Wow nice thanks so much for letting me know!
Hm I'm Cintiq 22HD and used in Sai, Photoshop all working ^^
If can to buy Cintiq 13HD or 12wx c:
wow lucky that's amazing!
alrighty thanks for the recommendation!
Microsoft Surface Pro 3 is popular among artists. It's screen has pressure, and it can run Sai and CLip Studio/Manga Studio ^w^

It may be worth it to check out what RachBurns has suggested, I have heard good things about Monoprice's screen tablets.

But with a cintiq, people say that you get what you pay for, and that it's higher quality and lasts longer than the others. At least there are cheaper alternatives.
Alrighty thanks for all the info I will look into it!
I know someone who has a Cintiq and she loves it.
awesome thanks for letting me know!
Unfortunately, it seems this one isn't in stock at the moment but Monoprice has an answer to Cintiq. You'd have to get the driver from here before you plug the tablet in, though. 
oh  man I didn't snap it was out of stock ;w;
well will be a while before I can afford it
and thanks I will look into that.
Yeah, I'd bet. It's still a little expensive. ^^; Have you found better options? I love hearing about them.
i'm only debating between a cintiq and
an ipad air 2 even though it's not specifically for drawing but all the extra features are cool lol.
Which one is winning right now? XD And I've heard a bit about ipads, that they're good for just about anything if you don't need the actual computer?
well i would love the cintiq since I mainly want it for drawing but the price is pretty steep @_@!
so the cintiq is winning but i might have to settle for the ipad air 2.
The Cintiq is for 'professionals', apparently. Crazy folk, if they could lower the price (while still earning for what's needed), they'd have more than enough people buying...

Maybe the iPad will help you do other things when you need? It has other apps, right? (Not that I'm certain how good it'll be. Never owned one. ^^; )
View all replies