Cintiq 22hd - monitor not recognized by laptop

I just bought a 22HD cintiq and I'm using a DVI - HDMI cable to connect it to my laptop. (DVI port on cintiq to HDMI on laptop)

The tablet function of the cintiq is recognized through the USB, I can open tablet settings etc and all the buttons work. However, the tablet screen itself only shows "No signal, going to sleep".

Things I've tried:
- Display adapter in device manager is already updated
- Driver for cintiq is already updated
- Tested DVI - HDMI cord on a separate monitor, works (so my hdmi port also works)
- Tried all display settings ( extend, duplicate, 2nd monitor only, etc )
- Changed resolution on laptop, no effect (my highest resolution is 1366x768)
- Opened wacom display settings through laptop, "no supported wacom pen display connected"

My Laptop specs are:
Dell Inspiron Intel Core i5-3317U
Intel HD Graphics 4000
Windows 7

My laptop only has an hdmi port.
Also, I've used my friend's cintiq 13HD on the same laptop with no issues.

I was super excited about upgrading to a cintiq from my intuos, and any help to get it going is appreciated~
Comments10
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
just tried it again leaving the USB out, said no signal then went off... I don't get why but I'm not very good with technology anyway :) I just know I need to have both leads into the laptop 
This is a stupid question I know, but is the USB lead connected to the laptop? I have a cintiq 22, and it has 3 leads ... 1 power lead, one lead (the DVI-HDMI-which I had to go hunting for an adapter for) and a USB lead .. if I don't plug the USB lead in I get that message.

LittleCosette it is quite big, its not something you can carry around, I love mine. I just need a bigger house to have it set up all the time because at the moment I keep it on a shelf near my printer then I move it across to a table with my laptop next to it to use it. The wires do tend to trail across but that is more an issue with me not having a permanent place to use it, rather then a problem with the cintiq. They are expensive, but I don't regret spending the money on one.
It is very comfortable to use because the stand is adjustable so you can have it flat, upright or on pretty much any angle (I have it nearly upright).  I have a Cintiq touch (which basically turns it into a big ipad) but I often use it with the touch option off because I like to rest my hands on it whilst working, it is easy to turn the option off and on though. 
Oh that's weird, as far as I can tell the monitor function and tablet function of the cintiq should be working separately. the Monitor portion should be getting the info out of that DVI cord, while the tablet portion should be getting the info from the USB.

I've never had the monitor portion fail when the USB is not plugged nor the tablet fail when the DVI is plugged in?????
Just saw you worked it out :)
I hope this question doesn't annoy you, but after buying the Cintiq 22HD, do you feel like the size fit you? Like, it is comfortable in your work space & just how you draw? I know each artist is different and so all Wacom tablets fit different needs, but I just wish for some input of how it is after buying a Cintiq not the before process.

Thank you so much in advance if you do have the time and wish to reply!!!
I actually really like, I think size wise it's perfect! 

My friend actually had the 13HD, and it did the job beautifully but I kept feeling like it was too small. Though I don't actually use the entire 22HD screen, I really like the feel of my hand /forearm being on the canvas, it just feels more natural!

I actually thought about getting a 24HD because it's not THAT much more expensive, but in the end I'm glad I got the 22, it's got plenty of space without it being as heavy as a small chile (literally the 24HD is like 70lbs)

hope this helps!!
Sorry for my late reply! Ah, that's great that you got to actually try out the 13HD to test the waters out.

And I totally know what you mean. It's the same with art programs. Some run smooth, but it's just not for you. You have to find the one that just feels right & makes you feel comfortable when drawing.

But wow, that's heavy! oh my goodness, but thanks for telling me that. That is something I think for sure I need to take account for. I am a person who doesn't have a permanent little art station so considering the weight...I see it's something I can't easily just move around.  Thank you so much again, I sincerely appreciate your input!!!
I'd probably be able to figure it out if I were able to tinker with it.
Actually I just figured it out! the hdmi -dvi cords I was using previously werent high speed enough for the cintiq apparently, I just borrowed a friend's nice hdmi to dvi and it worked lol