Tablet problem

I received a medium intuos pro tablet as a gift. When I tried using it it will only draw dotted lines. Is this an issue with pressure sensitivity? I have tried using damuro and freshpaint all with the same results. I am kinda gettin frustrated so if you have any suggestions I would appreciate it a lot.
Comments43
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Have you tried to use SAI program? I have the intuos as well.. maybe you have to change the pressure of the pen or the features of the brush in the program you are using... the sharpness for example... maybe is lag? Because to me lag made me draw dots .--.
No I will check it out! Thanks!
I really want to now. How much does it cost?
- 69$ [USD]
- 48€ [EUR]
- 42£ [GBP] 
Here is the free trial version for trying www.deviantart.com/users/outgo… and 
you can buy the license here... www.systemax.jp/en/sai/purchas…
AWESOME!!! I got it!! 
View all replies
Get the drivers, that's probably the problem. ^-^
Make sure you're using the updated drivers from the Wacom website. Also make sure you're using enough pressure. It takes more than you might be used to with pencils and whatnot.

Don't use GIMP, the latest versions don't support tablet pen pressure and you'll be pulling your hair out trying to figure out why it doesn't work. I'd suggest Krita if you want to go free and photoshop if you want to use all of the features of the tablet.
Do you have a program of any kind?
Hmm....gimp is a good free program.

Anyways...i was going to say that most online programs wont allow you to have pen pressure. Im not too sure about muro.

(you could also get free programs off the interenet like SAi through cracking and such...but its illegal (but everyone does it xD)