Battery problem

Ok so my screen usually lights up when my battery is charging but it seems that when I have had it plugged in that it says it is not charging. I'm worried that its not charging like it says. Is it possible my battery is so messed up that it can't charge?
Comments14
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
The battery could be dead and not charging, the charging jack could be broken, or the charger could be dead and not supplying enough power.
Well the power is stuck at 66% and the screen is lit up which is what confuses me. The screen is lit up like its charging and the power is staying at 66%. I'm not sure if its charging or not. 
If it's not increasing it's probably not charging. Does the computer recognize that it's plugged in? What does it say if you hover over the power icon?
Thats what I do. I hover over the power icon and it shows a little cable symbol next to it but it says 66% available (plugged in, not charging)
So then no, it's not charging. Good thing is that it's not the power jack - that's usually the most expensive thing to fix.

Either the power brick isn't putting out enough power or the battery has gone bad. Most likely the battery. You'll need a new battery (I assume this is a laptop and that isn't a problem)
Well after popping out my battery, to get the model number and putting it back in that its charging. Not sure whats going on but it seems that some updates happened as soon as I turned on my computer, it restarted and its charging once again. Still thinking about getting a new battery anyway though. 
Weird. Maybe it was fully charged and the scale needed to be recalibrated. It does that when the computer restarts. 
View all replies
Have you tried cleaning the contacts? 
View all replies
I thought it might be the battery. And yes it is a laptop.