Wacom Intuos Pen Replacement Advice

So, last night the grip pen (I think) that came with my Intuos 5 tablet suddenly broke. I'm not sure how it happened exactly- I was trying to erase and the nib on the end wasn't work- it just kinda popped inside. So I decided to take a closer look at it and try to figure out what was wrong and next thing I knew it broke apart at the mid section.

So I ended up fixing it with duct tape and it seems to be fine for the moment- (I tried to take off the end casing but it seems stuck in there so I don't want to force it in case I break the circuit board). And it seems to be working fine, although it's far from a permanent solution for me so I guess I gotta buy another pen.

So, I've been hunting and searching for another compatible pen and a lot of reviews seem to be saying the same thing- all the wacom pens nowadays are fragile and break easily after a few months of use. Although I did find conflicting reviews for the Wacom Pro Pen with Case, I'm really just trying to find a pen compatible with my Inutos 5.

I did find a cheaper intuos pen, but I believe it only has 1024 levels of pressure and it may not support tilting- but it's only 35 dollars so that is kind of cheaper. I'm also wondering if it's anymore sturdier as well.

So, does anyone have any advice on which pen I should get? They all look kinda the same- but I want one that doesn't break after two years (I had a bamboo fun tablet before and that pen never failed after many years of use). Or maybe an alternative pen that might be from another brand but is compatible with the Intuos 5? Any advice would be great, thanks! :D
Comments10
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Honestly your best bet is probably eBay. Here's one for $55 with free shipping, likely around the best price you'll get www.ebay.com/itm/Used-Wacom-In…
Mine happen to me...and when I looked online it was 100 dollars to get a new one. So I just bought a new tablet for that amount of money. X3 that's how I solve everything.

Have you tries contacting Wacom in general on what to get yourself??
No, I haven't actually. I'm just kinda trying to like see what I can get from other's opinions. It seems like there isn't a big difference from any of the existing pens and I'm not finding a lot online- I guess I may have to :/
How did the pen search go? Sorry for late response. v.v
lol, well i discovered the Grip Pen actually only works with certain nibs and such I already have and if I get a different one, I won't be able to use them which kind of sucks. I don't really use the button on my pen itself so I tend to remove it and just have the grip on. But I managed to somewhat repair the one I have with duct tape, so for the time being I plan on using it until I can get to a point where I can more easily afford getting a new one.
Have you thought about commissions? Maybe people would pay to help you get a better qualified one?
Yes, but I never got enough interest in them from others to offer them x.x
You can't use a newer Intuos pen... those are for the bamboos (they renamed everything a few years ago and bamboo is now intuos)

They sell the pens in the wacom store. Depends what style you want but they list compatibility
Ah! You're talking about the cheaper one- damn! It's like 'Thanks for making it more complicated wacom' x_@;

I appreciate you for telling me, though, thanks!!