Best Touch Screen Monitor?

First of all, I'll say my gallery has nothing in it, save for poor writing.

I'm a hobbyist artist with a Trust Slimline tablet. Now, to be clear, I have nothing against this tablet or my monitor, I'd just like to upgrade. I find my pen and paper drawings are better, and I wonder if drawing on a screen rather than having to draw on a tablet below my monitor will help me out a bit.

Now I don't want to buy one that's not amazing on the account that if something better comes along and I want to upgrade, I won't be able to afford buying a second one later on. However, I don't want to buy too extravagant in case I don't like it.

So, can you guys and gals help me out here? With your knowledge and experience, where should I be looking? 

Also worth noting I know a grand total of 0 people or places with which to trial this tech', so aside from yourselves and youtube vid's, I'm really at a loss here.

All help appreciated.

tl;dr, I want a touch screen monitor to draw on that's not poor nor too expensive, what do?
Comments4
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
I assume that by touch screen you mean a pen tablet 

wacom is the best hands down. Not cheap though. 

Yiynova is cheap and alright. 

Monoprice are also cheap and also alright. 
Pen tablet that's also a monitor? Well, If people know what I mean then I suppose I'll change it.

Is it Wacom which do the Cintiq? And I've never heard of the other two, will research.

Thanks.
Yes, Wacom makes Cintiqs