Please help: Intuos pro small or Intuos pen and touch medium

By the budget I have, I can buy either Intuos pro small or Intuos pen and touch medium. Difference between them is tilt sensitivity vs larger active area, I need some user opinion about which one is more necessary and why? Please help.
Comments10
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
I've been using different wacoms simultaneously. I have a large active area (intuos 4, comparable to intuos pro) at the office while I'm using a small active area (bamboo, comparable with intuos) at home. I upgraded to Intuos pen and touch medium at home now and I'm very satisfied with it.

Intuos pro's pressure sensitivity, touch ring and precision mode could be also be worth taking into consideration (I don't use it though).  I'm now working on the same painting on the intuos 4 and intuos medium and I started to finally notice the hardly noticeable difference between the pen pressure though the pro has double sensitivity on paper. 

Personally, having been able to work with different Wacoms, Intuos medium is just what I need. Another thing I get from the intuos medium is that it fits my table just right. I work with my wacom directly on the side of my keyboard so it takes a lot of space. Had I chose the pro, either my keyboard or tablet would pop out of the table which isn't good for stability. 

Final thoughts on my recommendation: if your painting style doesn't have to rely on highly sensitive pen pressure and pen tilt, if you won't be using precision mode (which is useful when detailing your painting while zoomed out... i don't don't do that though), if you don't press on wacom keys that much, if your display is  23" or higher. then the intuos pen and touch medium would be the best bang for buck for you.  
Thanks a lot for your advice. I've bought intuos pen and touch medium today and it's great.
You're welcome! Have fun with your new Wacom. :D 
Tilt sensitivity kind of only matters if you're using Photoshop or Corel Draw... perhaps the latest version of Manga Studio...

I'd suggest the pen and touch medium just to save your wrist but some people like small tablets... 
Thank you for your reply. I heard that large strokes are hard to draw in small tablet, is that true?
Large strokes are actually pretty east to draw on a small tablet in my experience because you can do it with just a flick of the wrist (the first one I owned had an active area of 3" x 5")
It would be really small strokes that are difficult unless you really zoomed in... Then again I might as well have been drawing on an index card for a monitor 4 times its size...

Anyway I'd do with the larger size
Thanks that really helps :)
your welcome! Glad I could help
0.0 I have a medium tablet. It's like the size of a sheet of looseleaf paper. I prefer that.

A small would be like the size of a notepad. If you're comfortable with that size then go right ahead.

Before the tablet I'd draw on computer paper or looseleaf so the medium was more comfortable to me.