New computer monitor.

I am looking for a new monitor to use with image editing(mostly art/concept), video editing and also for playing games on. Worth mentioning is that i play games from time to time for fun so no competetive 144 hz TN monitor.
I think LED with IPS panel is the right thing to go with after reading a bit more about different types of monitors. And i want it to be 8ms or lower and 60hz or higher if possible.

Here are some manufacturers that i have been looking at that i think is good: Dell, EZIO, NEC and Asus.

Is it a good idea to buy a 21:9 monitor? Or is it it better to get a 16:9 monitor?

Below are two examples from DELL.
This is a 21:9 monitor from DELL with IPS panel, 2560x1080, 60HZ & 8MS. Safe link to DELL website with the monitor: www.dell.com/ed/business/p/del…

This is another monitor model that have 16:9 aspect ratio, 1920x1080, 60HZ & 6MS. Safe link to DELL website with the monitor: accessories.ap.dell.com/sna/pr…

They both cost about the same where i live. But i think i can't go over 470 US dollars/Euro. It's a bit too much after that in my opinion.

If you have any ideas or own any monitor that you can highly recommend i would be very glad to hear :)

Hope you can read what i've just wrote even with my horrible grammar and english.
Comments6
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
I'm struggling with the same problem at the moment and I was checking out: 
U2715H accessories.ap.dell.com/sna/pr…
U2713H accessories.dell.com/sna/produ…

These are a little bit more expensive. But i think its worth it to spend a little more for these kind of things than later find out that it's shit.. in this case you can get quite a bit more if you are willing to spend extra 100€. take it as a long investment.. but I'm no expert either, really can't decide between those two.. or is there something better for this price ! ? I like your option nr2 S2715U and mine U2715H.. then again It seems that U2713H is the best from all of them, but its so old :C isn't there some new version of this screen? I haven't found...    IPS is definitely a right choice! 

Not sure how helpful was this comment but maybe something new to think about . Also if somebody could help me out from my struggle would be great! 
Thanks for the reply.

It helps a lot. I am thinking to buy a monitor that is slightly more expensive, probably with 10-bit color depth. I think i'll wait until i have the money and do as you say. Long time investment is the best, there will be new monitors released this year and the next year and so on. Buy a really good one from last year since they are cheaper and it will be great for many years.

I also noticed that Asus IPS monitors seems to be really great. The models that i am interested in is Asus PA279Q 27" and the cheaper ASUS PB278QR 27".

My graphics card doesn't support 10 bit color space, it's primarly for gaming and handling heavy physics in games etc... But i might build a setup in the future with a workstation graphics card that can handle 10 bit color space so it's probably a good idea to buy the expensive monitor.
The price of electronic items depreciates in no time and it’s very important for a company to get rid of these equipments before their value diminishes. Eplanet enterprise also takes the responsibility of buying reusable IT assets of your company. Now, this is a real boost for those companies as well which are planning to downsize their business and need to tackle those equipments which are in good and workable condition. 

Our services include electronic recycling, data destruction, and asset buyback. Our corporate IT asset recovery is best in the market. We specifically provide recycling e-waste solutions to major clients in Boston and Southern New Hampshire area. We understand the time value of our clients and provide them free pick-up of assets. Proper disposal of your electronic equipment and secure data destruction is our sole responsibility. Alongside, we also conduct reusable and surplus asset remarketing program.  

21:9 monitors are good for media consumption, watching movies, gaming that sort of things. Or reading in portrait mode, less scrolling.

16: 9 would be better for your purposes, two even better.

www.amazon.co.uk/Dell-UltraSha… Around 500 euro

www.amazon.co.uk/Dell-UltraSha…
Thanks for the reply:) I also think it is better with 16:9 because my wacom drawing tablet has the same aspect ratio as the monitor. 21:9 would only use about 2/3 of the drawing tablet drawing surface or something like that. Looks really nice to play games and to watch movies on though a 21:9, maybe in the future. I will probably buy a monitor from Dell UltraSharp series.