Wacom Intuos P&T Medium or Wacom Intuos Pro Small?

I want to know what will better to draw for me, Im a Hobbyist and I never used a graphic tablet.

I will use the tablet for:
-Drawing almost all days with Paint tool SAI (Or another).
-Animations in Adobe Flash.

I can't choose what is better, a larger tablet or a smaller but with better things :s

PD: I don't want to edit photos or use instead of a mouse.
Comments12
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Thanks for all, finally I brought the P&T Medium.
If you want an affordable tablet with buttons where the nibs never wear and the screen doesn't budge unless you try to draw on it with a fork there is the Intuos 3. If you ever hear about Intuos tablets lasting a decade that was the last model to actually be built to last. 

The newer tablets go out after 2-3 years if used heavily. ( includes intuos 4 and 5)

Chances are you will rarely use the touch feature.
Intuos 3 sizes
6 × 8
6 ×11
9 × 12

But I'd vouch for a medium sized tablet at any generation. 
In short:

I personally have an Intuos Pro Medium. 
I'd advise using a medium tablet.
Do commissions and upgrade later if you'd like. A pro is overkill for a hobbyist.

Wacom intuos pen and touch medium
  • Active area 8.5 x 5.3 inches= ipad mini size
Wacom intuos pro small
            Active area 6.2 × 3.9 = Samsung Galaxy tab size

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
Take two pieces of paper.
Cut them to fit the dimensions of the tablets.
Then, I want you to try to draw on them.

The medium will feel closer to the size of looseleaf paper...

Never buy the large or Extra large tablet unless you have a crazy wide computer screen. 

Most people have a medium sized tablet. The Pro might sound nicer in certain aspects but unless you are a small person with like a 12-17 inch monitor I would not advise it... =_= Your wrists may never forgive you. However, most people are able to use the small tablets without a problem. (Tablets labled large and extra large are generally for professional use by people who like to make long strokes across the tablet and paint Rockwell style with crazy precision...)

But this is about you and your personal preferences
1. The Pro is the most up to date. I would not advise this as a starter tablet but it certainly comes with all the bells and whistles. I'm not sure if a beginner would necessarily want to start off with 2048 pen pressure levels, though. The higher pressure sensitivity levels might make it a very annoying/frustrating transition from traditional to digital art.

2. The Pro looks better. However, there is the whole "I want to eat your nibs!" problem. The Pro is more likely to have eaten up the nibs quickly but this can be amended buy purchasing a screen protector (depending on your warranty). There is a reason why the Pro comes with 10 replacement nibs and the Pen and Touch comes with 3. 

3. If you buy the pen and touch you'll have enough money left over to invest in a program such as Paint Tool Sai.  

4. If you use a laptop the small Intuos Pro might very well be perfect you. 

5. A lot of my bias about Tablet size has to do with my other electronics. I have an Ipad mini (that I have drawn on) and a Samsung Galaxy Tablet (basically the size of the Intuos Pro Small). I'd rather draw on the ipad. 

6. Both tablets are fairly portable.

7. If you are not a professional you wil most likely not use 1/4 of the Pro tablet's features...

8. If you don't plan on going in to much detail a smaller tablet makes sense ( no matter the name attached to it)
I have 2 PCs, a laptop who have a 14" (16:9) screen and a desktop who have 19" (16:10), I want to use the tablet in both PCs. And I have a big hand but I can draw easily in both sizes (I draw my avatar with a 5"screen phone).
When any monitor goes beyond 17"  You are advised to go for the medium sized tablet. However, it does not make sense for the laptop.
Please scroll down to : Display resolution vs. Wacom Tablet size
cameratico.com/guides/how-to-c…

Example of Small
Man ( skip to halfway through)
Woman ( skip to half way)
youtu.be/umZtfHCQ_Ok

It all depends on how much you prefer to move your arm/wrist around it seems.
Most people will use the medium, though. 

the pro is professional quality & will have more precision to it, albeit smaller. i have always preferred the smaller tablets in general, they take some getting used to, but they're easier to transport & they're cheaper. 
The larger is better to start with. The extra features are somewhat wasted on the small size tablet.
I found that the pro have more precision because it have more resolution (lpi), what you think? More resolution or more size, what is most important?
All the precision in the world is useless if you can't move the pen enough. 

The small tablets are fine but I think bigger is better than more features in this case. 
Moises tú Inglés no está correcoto es "I will get my first graphic tablet" lo que dijistes es literalmente" yo voy conseguir mi primera tableta gráfica) Y es, So I want to know what will better to draw for me