Broken Wacom Bamboo Tablet

Hi, I want to know if someone has any ideas to help me fix my Wacom Bamboo Connect Pen Tablet I'd apecriate it very much.
I recently used it to draw a simple cartoon, and one hour later when I tried to use it again it stopped working completely. The cursor doesn't move at all. And if I tighten the USB cable to my tablet (more than usual) the cursor moves randomly & extremely fast (almost invisible) when I get the pen near it.
This is what I tried.
1) Connected and reconnected the tablet
2) Cleaned the tablet's surface and removed the nib to clean it too.
3) Rebooted drivers using "services"
4) Uninstalled and installed drivers again (and rebooted my pc).

I have searched some forums for hours and I think it might be the USB port of the tablet, although the tablet's light is solid blue and my computer detects it. (By the way today I accidentally dropped the tablet to the floor twice... but it was still working fine after that and I even finished the cartoon I was drawing).
Comments7
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
My intuos pen and touch was doing something similar, i had to move the cord and unlug and replug it for it to start even detecting my pen. I repleaced the cord (£6) and its fine now. If its the tablet itself wacom will repair it for free depending on where you're from and how long you've had it... if you contact them asking about it they will take 3 weeks to respond.
I don't think that is an issue with the cord, I had that problem before and and resolved it until I realized I was using the cord of my phone charger (silly me). Besides usually when it's a bad connection the blue light in the tablet starts blinking. About the warranty I think it will be expensive considering that I have 3 years with this tablet and I live in Mexico :saddummy: and well at least I know how much time to wait for a respond, I just send them a message yesterday. Thanks for the help!
If you broke the connector there's not much you can do. You can try opening the tablet and directly soldering the usb cable to the board. 

You also might want to try a new pen. 
You might be right. After reading some forums I realized that the cables inside the USB port of wacom tablets are a common issue, I think I will try to fix it myself before buying a new one.
oh my lawd, I got the same problem with the same tablet. Wacom Bamboo. Although . . .
My phone charger and the tablet's usb cord have the same end. I think that for all these months I've been using the wrong cable to connect the tablet to my computer . . . Even though it still recognises the pencil (glowing that same blue colour)
Yeah the same happened to me with my phone charger and the original usb cable of the tablet, but I'm 100% sure Im using the right cord because the blue light in the tablet doesn't blink anymore (and now I recognize the right cable now). Anyway I'm starting to think that it's an issue with the usb port inside the tablet. Thanks for helping!