Computer wont remember my wacom cintiq 13hd orientation settings

hey there :)  I have a wacom cintiq 13hd, and I am left handed.  I am having a problem lately where when i boot my laptop, the tablet is suddenly in right handed orientation despite the screen being rotated 180 degrees and lefty mode box being checked.  the settings refuse to recognize the orientation of the tablet and will not let me change it manually.  it will pop up the window to change the orientation of the monitor, but it is already rotated to the correct orientation and the tablet won't recognize that.  setting it back to 0 degrees and then resetting it to 180 degrees again does not help the tablet recognize the orientation either.  basically it screws up my express keys and inverts any movements i do with the pen.  does anybody know if this is a driver problem, or a compatibility issue with the most recent update?

the way i found to temporarily fix is to restore a preferences back up file i made earlier.  after i do this, the tablet driver says it has a problem and tells me to reboot, so i reboot, and then i have to completely recalibrate the pen because the cursor is stuck at the top of the tablet. after i do all this, the tablet will work correctly for however long i have my laptop turned on.  i have to do this every time i try to use my tablet, and i think this problem started shortly after the most recent driver update but im having trouble finding any news or confirmation of it on the internet search.  does anybody know what the problem could be?  I'm not super computer savvy but I've done my best to explain the problem

I have a macbook pro retina 17 inch with mavericks as the OS.  I did not have this problem until recently and i think it may have started around the time I updated the driver but I can't say for sure. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Lara
Comments3
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
That sounds like a bug. Might want to report it to Wacom and roll back the driver while you wait for the update
that is what i am thinking too.  I'm going to delete and reinstall the old driver when i get home from school today and also send report to wacom. :)  fingers crossed X.x