Ripping Music

Hello!
So, I put a CD into my laptop and it won't even pull up the menu to rip the music off. It doesn't appear in my "Computer" tab either. Is something wrong with my computer?
Help!
Comments9
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
First restart the computer if you haven't. If that doesn't work try another disk. 

Is the drive replaceable? Check on the bottom of the laptop for a slide switch that releases the drive. Take it out and put it back in making sure the lock clicks when you do. 

If it's not replaceable then it's probably broken. You can get external USB ones for pretty cheap. 
It says I have a Code 19...? What's that?
What says you have a code 19
The Device Manager, under HP DVD/CD-ROM tab. 
what's the serial number of the drive. It should be in the same window

You need to reinstall the drivers for the thing to see if that's the issue. If not, the drive is broken and you'll need a new one.
I tried to reinstall :/ my CD-ROM Drive and my Tunneling Adapter isn't reinstalling. 
Well, either you have something seriously wrong with your OS (and need to reinstall windows) or you have a broken drive. It's easier and cheaper to get a USB drive... but problems like this tend to get worse with time.

You might want to have someone look at it in person. Unfortunately, this sort of stuff is very difficult to diagnose via forum
View all replies