Video Card Corruption Help Needed

Question for any and all (before I replace my video card or go insane)...
My computer has an nVidia 760 GTX card and everything was fine until either a Microsoft update or a Steam update. After the updates I started to notice problems although it might be coincidence. The screen (no matter what program I'm) starts to for lack of better words, visual tears? In that, a browser on web page the lettering will disappear until I go over (highlight) the area with a mouse and in a game the texture mapping goes insane. In a game the screen looks almost psychedelic (colors streaking all over the screen) but it's stable in a 3D program (OpenGL)..

I'm tech savy but can't iron the issue out since in most cases this would be bad ram on the video card/video buffer. I did stabilize it by UNDER-Clocking the card....Other things I've done: Yank the card out and reseat, clean and dust to make sure that cooling wasn't an issue (runs at 45C-50C) and driver uninstall and did try downgrading the drivers. At this point I'm stuck since I have a a triple boot system of Windows 8.1/Windows 8.1/ and Windows 10 preview. One the Win8.1's OS hasn't seen all of the updates yet and the visual problems are there but to a lesser degree.

Any and all input would help, and BTW - I did check System RAM and Power Supply seems up to snuff but didn't bench output.....so suggestions? Or does anyone else have the same problem. 

Machine is a Core i7-4770S (Haswell) 12Gb RAM and the nVidia GeForce 760GTX.
Underclocked: Base Clock Offset -320MHz  - Memory Clock Offset -440MHz (from stock of 2800MHz) if that helps. 
Comments14
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Thanks to everyone who gave suggestions.....One last try and then I'll let the warranty take care of the problem, but some very good advice and I truely appreciate it.
Sounds like a faulty card to me, RMA it.
That seems to be the only real option, although I'm going to try the card on friends comp with the Live CD suggestion. If there is any graphic corruption at that point it makes no sense to beat my brain over. The only real problem with RMA is I have to send whole computer (ASUS M51) which I bought it for a quick upgrade and it's a nice computer for the money. But I usually build my own since ASUS really limited expansion and they tossed in 12GB of ram but only two sockets, and I think max memory is 16GB. My next computer I'll build since at least then I pick the config to suit me. Thank you for a very logical answer and solution since I tend to debate things too much.....It's under warranty so just the last option and probably the best. Wish I could just send the card in..oh well. 
Ewww, crApSUS. Good luck with rma, asus has some pretty terrible support.
Yeah..They make a decent computer for the price but: I should have built my own or shopped further, hate to send in the computer when it's just the card. Oh well (-
Try reflashing the bios on the card. Also update your mothetboard bios and like every driver you can find. Set the clocks back to factory.

You may also want to put a HDD in the computer and install just one OS on it (I'd go 8.1) just to test things where there are no weird updates.

You can't reflow solder in a normal oven. Don't even bother with that.
Good advice but the strange part is that on the partition with the older Win 8.1 install, I didn't update drivers with exception of video to latest. That install at stock/default on video card has minor graphics corruption but the new install (all drivers and updates) is major. Didn't update or check for Bios update so that might help if there is any stability issues on mobo, and wasn't even thinking about the card...Again thanks! I hope I can avoid a new card so the only other option is if a friend of mine won't mind if I test the card in his comp.
Well if it's a software problem it's got to be in the firmware.

Did you by chance set the memory clocks wrong? That would explain the problem if the card was automatically clocking the memory incorrectly.

Or the card just happened to go bad when you upgraded. Sometimes things just break at inopportune times.
I had the card clocked stock and with the new install of everything, at some point either a Microsoft Update or from Steam the problem started. So at that point I underclocked the card hoping to stabilize it which it did. Right now I'm posting (online) on the worst install of Windows and at stock speed and some more Microsoft updates the graphics are more stable. The first thing I questioned was video ram since the visual problems indicated that and dropped the clock speed about 400MHz. Now that it's more stable via Windows Updates it's confusing what is the problem since as you said: the card could have gone bad while doing the install. The only choice is (I'm waiting on reply) from a friend and if I can toss the card in his computer but he has ATI card, and although driver uninstall and then nvidia driver install won't mess up his install, not my machine.

The other alternative is buy another card and if the problem exists then it's software >probably< if not return the card. First I'm going to do a clean install of Win7 and download my motherboards drivers etc. If a clean install and older version of Windows has a problem with current video driver then it's the video card or bad stick of system ram possibly. There are no BIOS updates for mobo so.........I'll find out but a real pain.
Burn a Linux live CD (on a flash drive) and when you put the card on your friend's pc unplug their hard drive. Then boot off the flash drive to test the card. It'll be a little slower but at least then you don't have to worry about anything with their install since it won't even be plugged in. 
That is a great suggestion....didn't think about that one.
I have had this happen before and it tends to get worse over time. If you have a warranty use it. Not sure if I should mention this but some people put their video card in a oven for a short time to re-flow the solder. Obviously this voids the warranty. There are plenty of videos about the topic on youtube showing how to do it and demonstrating that the technique does sometimes work. Do at your own risk I accept no responsibility for what may happen. Your video card problems may even be something totally different than a solder issue.

Personally I do not think it is worth the time. When you buy a newer video card model that offers the same speed often they will be more power efficient and use less electricity.

Often when a video card is on its way out even if you manage to fix the video card it may only continue working for perhaps another several months.
Keeping fingers crossed that the driver/bios and a new clean install can take care of the problem. At this point I'm thinking it is hardware related but still worth a shot. Thank you for the reply.!