Wacom Bamboo troubles :(

I've got a Wacom Bamboo (CTH-460) and i'm having issues with it almost everyday now. (I've had it for 4-5 years now and this issues has been going on for 6 months)The drivers aren't working properly or something. It'll detect my pen movement..but it'll be backwards and there will be no pressure sensitivity. This leads to me trying endlessly to fix it by reinstalling the drivers (which are up to date) a countless number of times and restarting my pc atleast 2-3 times before it works again...

Whenever i'm re-installing the drivers, it either says to reinstall it AGAIN or restart my PC...which leads to the never-ending cycle of restarting and reinstalling...

I've tried the trick of going to services then stopping and starting it. it doesn't work.

Does anybody know how to fix this? I'm going insane ;___;

edit- I found this and it seemed to fix it. Crossing my fingers and hoping I won't have to deal with any more issues ^^ forum.wacom.eu/viewtopic.php?f…
Comments12
Join the community to add your comment. Already a deviant? Log In
Bamboo tablets are notorious for bugs and compatibility issues but there's always a way around them.
The more precise you are with the problems the easier it will be to fix your issue.
Your operating system?
When you say "It'll detect my pen movement..but it'll be backwards and there will be no pressure sensitivity"
What do you mean by "backwards" and do you get any prompt like "wacom driver not found or reinstall tablet driver"?

The software(s) you use with pressure sensitivity technology?
I use Windows 7
And when I say backwards, it basically ignores my settings (I'm left handed and it'll go back to being right handed settings which I won't be able to change. I Should have mentioned that before ^^; )
I use Paint Tool Sai and Photoshop if that's what you mean.

I found this though and it seemed to fix it. Not sure if it's a long term fix though -> forum.wacom.eu/viewtopic.php?f…
Often (if you installed the bamboo drivers) using the "wacom file preference utility" and pressing "remove" in the All Preferences tab will reset the tablet and get it to work... Until it doesnt and you have to do it again. To locate the utility if you can't find it just type"utility" in the search bar at the bottom of window's start menu
Since I'm utterly useless myself when it comes to fixing things I don't have/will probably never have.. Have you tried consulting a professional? (said pro. doesn't need to cost money, can be pretty much somebody you know that's a goddamn engineering genius; my grandpa in my family for example)
I consulted th13teen-gamer and he fixed it :la: (As in, he's better at finding a site that tells you how to fix it and then somewhat takes credit for it)
There HAS to be some sort of update that i causing this problem. I have heard of literally 10 or more people, myself included, who are having this same exact problem this week! It made me buy a brand new friggin Intuos!
If it is a problem with the drivers, I doubt they'll fix it. It's such an old tablet. If you go on the Bamboo Dock and click "Get Support", you'll find that the page doesn't even exist anymore :I

Found this and it fixed it. Not sure if it's a long term fix though. Just gotta wait and find out...
forum.wacom.eu/viewtopic.php?f…
Glad to hear that you fixed it (even if possibly only for now). You're right, though. If an update knocked something out, they probably won't fix it. I just find it very strange that within the same couple of days, a good number of people are reporting the same exact issue. Makes you think.
FFF. Found it's not a permanent fix...I have to keep doing that over and over ;_;
And yeah that is a bit strange :/
I believe one of my friends had this issue. Might be a cord connection issue. If at all possible try to get a new cord